Can I have it yet?
Yes, you can, but not first person.
Spent the past ~2 weeks working on a side scroller game for Android, experimenting with another genere just to see what the download rates are for arcade games on Google Play. The result is Infinite Gravity run.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cybercritics.infinitegravityrun
You can increase your download count by one. 
Eh, why not.
/me downloads
Continuing my post from above:
There has been quite some progress made in the last 5 months since I posted about “This technical Project” I was working on. Well, actually, we are done. Here’s how it happened:
First of, we gave it a name, we called it: peæk
It combines the words peek and peak. A reference to the extending pins.
Then we proceeded to coil the coils. A local company sponsored the material and access to the coiling machine. Still it took many man days for us to coil all 144 we needed.
And burn them:
After that I got onto programming the whole Infrastructure in C for the Arduino Mega 2560. I’m quite proud of the result as it is a quite complex system with many interlockig parts, and yet stayed modular and overseeable
I’ll share the whole thing here. The whole thing is 140kB precompiled. Take a look. Again, most comments are in german.
I got onto programming some programms for it. But came to the conclusion, that I won’t be able to properly do it without being able to see if it’s working properly (not only compiling correctly) I needed to see what comes out at the end. And as the hardware wasn’t done yet. I build an interface with Autohotkey.
Here it is:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64733523/Shared/peaek/video/20150531_224633.mp4
It got a little bit refined since then. The ability to send inputs for the 4 buttons and a redone console visualisation.
While this was going on the other guys worked on the mechanical part of the project.
Applying neoPixels to one such part:
After that I prepared the coil ends, all 288 of them. Put shrinking tube on them and inserting them into self cutting clamps that would eventually go onto the driver boards
By then I’ve already done and let someone check the layout for the printed circuit board. There were some problems with the manufacturer, then with my layout … it’s cheesy, but all good things are 3
. Sadly that burned a lot of the reserve time we had until then. (also sneak peæk for further down):
Soldering the boards:
![]()
Configuring potentiometer and some testing:
Nasty interference, turned out I shouldn’t have powered the power and logic from two sources:
All wired up:
I know … it’s nasty 
Last three weeks have been a tremendous amount of work with loads of interferences making my life miserable:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64733523/Shared/peaek/video/20150720_010228.mp4
But I pulled trough and their gone … mostly … like 90%.
Our 1500W power supply had to go though, induced all kinds of stuff. And now we are stuck with only a fifth of the needed power coming in from outside. So sadly not all patterns will be enjoyable in their full glory, certainly not a “all pins up”.
Conway’s Game of Life … now tested physically … well only the LEDs:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64733523/Shared/peaek/video/20150815_171941.mp4
After finishing all programming. It even has snake

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64733523/Shared/peaek/video/20150824_032425.mp4
And finally assembled:
http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64733523/Shared/peaek/video/20150825_204734
That was this tuesday (25.08.2015). And this is me, this weekend (28-29.08.2015) at the educational fair the “Ostschweizer Bildungs Austellung”, where people come to inform themselves what apprenticeship to start after school, what secondary school to join or what courses to take:
Some kids playing snake:
Interface working:
A great project, people were motivated, it was technically challenging and the initiators didn’t push us in any direction and left us find our own.
In the end it didn’t work 100%, but most other project weren’t either, all prototypes after all.
Number one thing, besides all the skills, I learned from this: Build things robust, even if they are prototypes. One false kick and the whole big white plate would have come tumbling down, destroying all the electronics, ripping out wires, breaking off the coils … happy that didn’t happen.
I’ve gone and made a patreon campaign for my Dwarf Fortress visualizer project.
Big step Japa, I wish you all the best, hope you will keep us updated. 
I’m honestly more shocked about the fact that $270 a month is considered something you can live off of. I’ll consider chipping in one I start my new job but hot damn, that’s not even a third of an apartments rent in Mid-west U.S.
I recently played around with three.js and created a visualisation of an astro database (https://github.com/astronexus/HYG-Database).
I uploaded it here: http://ama-gi.github.io/ [WARNING: Its performance heavy] (it doesn’t contain the full database, just a part of it)
You can use the sidebar to switch between stars that have proper names.
I abandoned this project because Javascript can’t seem to handle large numbers well (necessary for space stuff) without loss of accuracy or heavy performance impact.
I’m currently teaching myself about TDD so that I don’t get the urge to stab myself repeatedly when I return to the ICN replacement project I started working on years ago.
Hey guys, I’ve got a personal project that I’ve been working on here and there for a little bit now and I figured I would share it here.
It’s an N-Body simulation written in Javascript using Three.js. It’s called js-n-body and you can find it on github here and you can see it working on heroku here. There are plenty of settings to tweak in the bottom left of the screen so feel free to twiddle with them ( beware of possible bugs of course
).
Please feel free to check it out and let me know what you guys think. Ideas and critiques/criticism are welcome!
EDIT: Also, the controls are in the bottom right, just fyi.
Awesome
After 3 years I had a large central body with a few stable orbits, including a large ‘gas giant’ on a highly elliptical orbit with a ~5 year period. It really wrecked havoc on its way back towards periapsis 
Nice work!
Thanks! Hahah, I’m glad you enjoyed it! 
Thank you : D
Infinity fever had me going back to my Planet Generator for a few days…
2 years ago I used to work on a space game as well (called “Galacticum”). It is a procedurally generated 2D game with a whole universe. I abandoned it though in order to to focus more on 3D and to work for a company (I’m currently studying Software Engineering in NL)
Cheers from Germany!
I guess it’s time for a warm “Hello, world” to the infinity community - so here it is : hello infinity worlds!.. Yeah. Although I’ve been around this site and the previous one for some years now, I never took time to leave a message, strangely I might say since I do love what’s been played around here : NOT to mention the KS success whatsoever… 
OK, what have I been up to lately ? (A part from still studying at the Uni at the uncanny age of 40) I must confess a strange attraction towards computer dev - personal projects of the unachievable type… I’ll let you guess what’s behind this sentence. Still, I did hit some results - and I guess this one might interest many of you (of us) who stick around here :
Yes. It’s a galaxy. It is a 100% procedural thing, generated and rendered in volume (~117 million voxels). I started this (well the first iteration of this, which I dare not show here) sometimes in 2013, as my first attempt at OpenGL - I’ve been enhancing it since, whenever I got a chance to (meaning spare time).
I did try a planet rendering project too, the same year - it is a ‘cuboid’ tessellation based on ROAM, runs mostly on the CPU (for the adaptive generation part) and so lags like hell for any positional update (popping artifacts). I will stray from it in the next prototype… (which is half worked out on paper but can’t find time to test it though).
A part from programming (and studying computer science, gfrrr), I also dabble in computer sounds - I’ll leave it at that, but you’re welcome to check this page out if you wish to : https://soundcloud.com/yankee-charlie
OK. Thanks for reading this, I just wanted to say a good friendly Hello to all of you, who I know share that peculiar ‘space passion’… and it is well fueled by Flavien’s undeterred endeavor here, no doubt ! - peace -
Spent the last week adding weather to my procedural planet generator…