Do you have a working XML for the dual sticks? or are you waiting until it can be mapped in game. I’d love to be able to use my dual setup but it’s so cumbersome to map out 
I use JoyToKey 3rd party software. Pretty easy and free. 

The game has analog input controlls for every axis. I would rather suggest this:
Create a virtual controller with this software:
vJoy
http://vjoystick.sourceforge.net/site/index.php/download-a-install/download
(it’s the big green image button)
Use this software to feed both your sticks into that Virtual Joystick:
UCR
https://autohotkey.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=12249
Configure the Infinity Battlescape input xml to use all the axis.
Next when launching the game select the Virtual Joystick.
In the future the game launch window screen should support slection of two or more controller so you could skip the first two steps.
But yeah. If you don’t want to do the mapping… i suggest looking for a thread that was asked in or creating a new one. We’ll figure it out what axis is what and then you can just copy paste.
PSA: There is a good web base controller tester which will show which inputs are which.
http://html5gamepad.com/
There is also the input detection tool in the games dev/profiles/ folder. It is really handy because it even tells you the correct name for the detected input so that you can write it into the xml.
Yeah I’ve used that in the past but when I tried loading it nothing came up
EDIT: Never mind, I forgot to load it as Admin
Most of the major functions will likely be able to be mapped to keys if you want. I like the wheels though, because I prefer an uncluttered keyboard!
To other people, I’m not sure configurable wheels is a good idea. Make them the standard menu, but allow certain things to be bound to keys. If the wheel menus are properly implemented, there should be no need to change them.
Also, quote from Flavien on Discord:
Sounds mildly creepy but totally awesome from the lead developer!
I find the wheel interface way too big (it is fullscreen), could we reduce it (or add an option to adjust its size)?
Also, the cruiser has all its weapons on secondary fire, unlike the destroyer that has the steady stream (interceptor-like) on primary and the broadside on secondary. I have not tested the carrier.
BTW, currently we can’t fly in an enemy carrier hangar, the hitbox has no hole for it (or maybe my stolen code was too old and they kept the shields up?).
“Requesting deactivation of the security shield!”
“No.”
Boom.
Maybe it is inaccessible on purpose to prevent spawn camping? It would be awesome if the devs would integrate a shield effect on the entrance of hangars, maybe we will see that in the future.
The carrier was maneuvering and it was pretty difficult to align in the first place, so camping inside wouldn’t be a thing in the current state. It might become an issue once they decide how to compensate carrier movement inside the hangar, but I think they will indeed block hangar access to enemy teams.
Also, we need indeed more shields effects. They are (almost) the point of magitek SF.
The one on EVE is much smaller and optional. Definitely the way to go, IMO.
Yes, this we will need. It’s impossible to tell at the moment if we’re hitting shields or hull. I would rather see this with a visual effect rather than “enemy health bars” as well.
I have found that once I’m familiar with the wheels, I just tap the wheel key and flick my mouse in the right direction for the segment I want to select. The wheel is only in screen for half a second.
The smaller the wheel, the more precise we’d have to be to select the desired segment.
If by traditional you mean abusing hotkeys like before, then you can always add / remap events to keys; however in the previous build we were slowly running out of keys to assign events to, which is why I introduced the wheel. The wheel also has other advantages: it’s used to show your ship status ( when you get damaged / critical hits, the corresponding system color changes on the wheel ) and more.
I’m going to add back some of the main events to some hotkeys ( warp and maybe overcharging/formations ) as an alternative, but they’ll probably use non-intuitive keys. Tab is now used for the leaderboard, and W for the zoom, therefore neither can be used for warp - it’ll have to be on the other side of the keyboard, closer to enter. M is already reserved for the future in-system map.
Not sure what you mean by ‘abusing’ hotkeys but would like to use 3rd party app (JoyToKey) for stick.
I think as long as the events are mappable, they don’t need to be mapped by default.
Perhaps include a readme in the profiles directory listing the available events and details like if they accept analog input, if it’s a toggle or a hold event, etc.
In the devs/profiles folder is already a readme with these infos. Perhaps this readme should also be in the profiles folder that is saved under documents.
Some feedback on 0.2.1
(Suggestions are in bold to prevent tl;dr)
First of all, I love the basic feel of the combat. I have never felt anything like it. When you’re approaching this:
all you can feel is 1) excitement and 2) Wow.
The Newtonian motion has really come into its own here, and the new control scheme I feel is working well. Obviously, there is much more work to be done, but the basic feel of it all is amazing.
The Match Speed flight mode is very useful to stay within range of a target, however I would have it automatically drop back to Free Flight when the target is destroyed/lost. It’s a bit clunky to change between them constantly, and you need to be in Free to zoom through the battlescape (!) and go after your next target.
We know there’s work to do on warp. It still feels dodgy to me. I think we could do with another thread to discuss the development of warp over the next patches.
Capital ships are brilliant, bar a few balancing issues! I tried the destroyer in atmosphere:
It felt very different to how it does in space (which was exactly what I wanted)! Very slow to turn and top speed heavily limited. Maybe it’s not perfect yet, but it felt big and heavy in atmosphere, but more maneuverable in space.
I would like to see this a bit more with the smaller ships too - a noticeable difference between space and atmosphere.
Also, it is still a bit weird that I can be flying in a straight line (and level) in atmosphere and the main thrusters can stop firing. Surely, if the drag is so huge on these bricks that terminal velocity and turning are severely restricted, then the main thrusters should constantly be having to push it forwards? Unless it’s going straight down maybe.
Lastly, the HDR can still go a bit out of control. Could there be a hard limit on how much it can bloom? I’d rather not see everything go so bright, just because everything is dark… space is dark… Plus, it behaves weirdly with the capital ship’s current first person view.
More feedback will come. And Flavien, I think you might have created my dream game. 
If you are using flight assist with a set speed. Then yes they will go out if you go faster than the set speed.
I love that effect by the way. It looks mesmerising engines lighting up after a small dive.