[OG] The Old Guard (133 members - Pre KS nominees are listed in 4th post)

Hi Gene,

First off, thanks for reading my post. I am aware that the engine was under development primarily, and I by no means belittle the work that goes into Battlescape (even if ‘indirectly’ through engine-side development). I have in the past studied game design, until I realized that I hated it and never wanted to touch it again! So I know sort-of what goes into making a game. I merely comment on the length of time that has elapsed since the project was publicly announced.

However, I did not make my post to get into a debate with the dev team, or anyone else, about perceived shortcomings, merely stating what I saw and sharing my frustration, and explaining to the community members a reason for my absence in recent months.

-Lysk

1 Like

The collected list of nominees in the 4th post surpassed 100… I think. I will first wait for a reply from them before extending the list. I will keep you ready should some decline :wink:

This looks like a veritable orgy of circlejerking.

Sure, put me in.

7 Likes

No problem, I’ll just create a “The 101st” group consisting of one person if not!

2 Likes

Joining a guild in a scifi game is paramount to flying a spaceship modeled after 18th century sailing ships. Meh, i’ve done it a few times before. You can add me if i qualify i guess.

But seriously not sure this is a good idea. We kinda already know who other long time and respected community members are, is there a need to have some kind of club? Could end up with a case of elitist community warfare, without much benefit, and there will be that one guy who tries to lord it over people.

Related to that last point, i nominate georgeman/zultra. Im sorry.

3 Likes

I think all of his accounts got banned :smiley: Not sure if he made a more stealthy account in the end that nobody knows of.

Not sure if there’s a need for anything. But it should be just for the fun of it :wink:

As long as the members remain helpful and supportive I don’t think it should be an issue, especially if the guild is not an in-game faction. The positive image is the key. And we can always kick out people who lord it over others. Know the saying that old money doesn’t show? We should be like that but with this guild. Or maybe that is already too pretentious… :stuck_out_tongue:

That was the idea. There could probably be some get-togethers in game etc. but the guild would not be an in-game corporation that competes against other corporations.

Can I apply? I’ve been watching this game develop since around 08/09ish. I don’t post much(barely at all), I would love to be a more active member!

1 Like

Well since I doubt that all nominees will reply to their nomination (a few don’t even have an account in the new forums) I will nominate you and @bikkebakke, even though it will take the total amount of nominees over 100. :smiley:

I’ve been following Infinity since the early days 04/5 (old-school original website) played the combat prototype for a while and nearly giving up on the possibility of it being Vaporware, however have been actively reading the forums in the hope that it will eventuate. I wish I could be part of this group as well… :slight_smile:

1 Like

I will nominate you for using the word ‘eventuate’ :smiley:

2 Likes

Oh, thanks. I guess I can try and be a bit more social on the board as well.

1 Like

Wow, Thank you Lucas. I’m surprised my name even came up. I know I tried making a few ships a long time ago. Is that really enough to qualify me?

1 Like

I don’t suppose i can nominate myself? :smiley:
But yeah i did read the Mars series tho i think i stopped on the 2nd book. Will continue read it after i’m done with the Xeelee Sequence :slight_smile:

I will nominate you @frag971

Now the number of nominees (even when excluding those who have been nominated but who don’t have an account in the new forums) must have gone over 100. Now lets wait until the remaining nominees reply before adding to the list.

And if we still have a ton more potential members after that we will have to consider “the first 200”. Or just go straight for 300 and fly as a single impenatrable unit :slight_smile:

I’m gonna have to ask for a nomination, I have been avidly following this game from Jan 2007 until the forums went down. I came back when the forums came back but have been mostly lurking. You’ll know me by my old name Leinad if you recall at all, avatar was Neo in the rain. I do hope most of the lore can be salvaged.

2 Likes

You know it is not often that someone tags me here anymore… or that I am given a new reason to come say hello. Thank you @Arkenbrien and @LucasFIN. Now what exactly am I signing up for?

@Mal, I assume you are one of these names with a new account?

:wink: Well…

So nothing too time demanding. :smiley:

4 Likes

Aye. Derfmancher. I need to do a new reset of my archived account… but cant for the life of me recall what email it was associated with.

3 Likes