[OG] The Old Guard (133 members - Pre KS nominees are listed in 4th post)

I don’t know if being in two guilds is okay for the Explorers Guild, but as this one is mainly a meta gathering, I don’t think it should be a problem. I accept the nomination, thank you. :smiley:

Now I kind of miss the old signatures under posts, that would have allowed me to keep track of which guilds I have joined… :stuck_out_tongue:

I got three nominations. Do I have to give a speech or something?

1 Like

Sounds interesting.

I’d be interested if someone would be willing to nominate me.

Been around since 08/09 (something like that).

I’m more curious to see a collection of 100 long-term lurkers or posters, a few names keep popping up daily but there’s certainly a larger number of persons in the background who don’t usually post.

1 Like

I actually was lurking on the old website for a very long time before I registered. Count me in!

1 Like

I nominate @my_fat_monkey and @gutza1

1 Like

Speeches are obligatory :wink:

If silent lurking does count, i have never left you. :stuck_out_tongue:

BTW, this forum has a habit of eating my account details. Second or third password reset since the new forum launched, at least the reset password routine works. But you should know that Avira is flagging your password reset website as a known malware website and stops me from visiting it unless i set an exception -> you should definitely settle that.

Oh, we need to hold a speech?

[speech]
Um… dont let me wait another 5 years please! :wink:
[/speech]

I like the new screens that teaser a city scape - i guess it is hand - assembled, but if it would be procedural that would make me quite happy. And due to the delayed delays of delays, i actually have available money set aside for the kickstarter, whenever the hell it will appear.

1 Like

Forgot to mention… I think we will keep them in reserve for now if they are inactive. So that active members will get the chance to be included first.

I still remember your awesome ships. I would consider you as a heavy weight veteran actually :wink: Added

I gave the 100th slot for Irashi. He will have to finally cast that 10000th post to inform us if he want’s to keep that slot or not :wink:

1 Like

Didn’t he already make his 10000th post? It was quite disappointing if I remember correctly.

I must have missed that. Well… waiting for the 10001th post :smiley:

I thought his 10,000th post was something like “No.” That seemed appropriate in my mind.

5 Likes

I will nominate @NobleBrutus and @Alkan2

Very disappointing, minimal content and in some insignificant thread.

I was expecting a 10k word rant in “The Walking Thread” after which that thread would be locked :wink:

I’m hoping the old forum will be published soon. @INovaeKeith?

I resurrected the old forums and have them running on a pc where the devs can access for reference. However, there are no current plans to restore them publicly.

And I’ve been nagging and nagging to the point of bribery and blackmail on IRC for this to happen.

@hrobertson, might be better that we just leave the old forums in our memory. I bet it would be like seeing that old high-school sweetheart 20 years later, but now she is fat and ugly.

It would be good to have for reference. There are many lengthy discussions about gameplay mechanics that it would be a real shame to lose!

2 Likes

As @INovaeGene pointed out, they do have it as a reference, that should be good enough.

The goal is to “reboot” the gameplay/universe/lore discussions on the new Battlescape site so said discussions relate more directly to the initial product offering, Infinity Battlescape. It could be too confusing to the influx of newcomers that will be needed to actually succeed with the crowd funding if the old forums are featured. I would like to remain hopeful that the old forums could make a reappearance when the time comes to move towards developing the MMO. However, by that time, the gameplay, technology, lore, etc, could have evolved past the point to where that old information is applicable. I think it is a wait & see type of issue. However, at this point in time our resources are being utilized elsewhere.

2 Likes