[OG] The Old Guard (133 members - Pre KS nominees are listed in 4th post)

I had an account on the old site with a whopping 0 posts, I also followed it a lot before registering too, since I rather watch the discussions most of the time. :c

While I qualify under the “been here a while” category, I do not fall into the “active” category. ;-; Can I still come to the clubhouse? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I nominate @ubersoldier

Aww, does this mean that the clubhouse (which I just learned about; we’re getting a clubhouse!) isn’t going to have Costco style greeters at the door?

More’s the pity.

New rule:

The last 3 members to join TOG without fully meeting the activity requirement are henceforth required to offer Costco style greeting services to anyone entering the clubhouse.

3 Likes

this is a rule I can get behind. Where are the free samples!

Thank you for the invite TerranAmbassador :grin:

I would be honored to join :ok_hand:

4 Likes

Pros and Cons of de-lurking…

Pros:
Get into community of people I mostly don’t dislike.
Get to feel superior to random strangers for no reason/because internet.
Get to see first-hand just how good the community-management tools end up being.

Cons:
Need to log into website.
Need to make some form of social contact.
Get to see first-hand just how bad the community-management tools end up being.

Eh. Alright. I’ll join up if you’re willing to have me and my unending pessimism.
Thanks to hrobertson for forwarding my name and LucasFIN for trying to make this whole thing work.

4 Likes

I got nominated a month ago?

What have I been smoking this whole time?

Eh, sure, why not. Sign me up :wink:

1 Like

Hi guys! Another lurker reporting in. I don’t know if I qualify for the old guard but here’s my info.

I was active on the old forums between 2008-2010 and started lots of unfinished contributions and later started to churn out tiny civilian npc ships.

Thing is I can’t remember my old handle and can’t find it anywhere. If there’s an offline archive version of the old forums maybe it could verified from there.

Here’s a sample pic of my old contributions: http://i.imgur.com/ncMkjCp.jpg

Names associated with those contributions are:
Hulker
Headormont
Atlas container mover
CVS
PDV
ATV

If there’s another contribution phase I’d really like to participate as raw scifi industrial stuff is a big passion of mine and I’ve gotten significantly better at the craft : D

1 Like

I will nominate you @Dreadegg. I suppose you will accept? :slight_smile:

Please add those old contributions to the Old Contributions thread.

Well that was easy! You have no idea how long I tried looking up my old handle and finding my old contributions.

I gracefully accept :smiley:

Tho I’m still wondering what my handle was.

1 Like

Can you please notify me when place 100 is free? I am in then :smiley:

1 Like

I will just add you in place 100 then and wait for the gap between to fill :slight_smile:

Oh and in the end I might just shuffle the list or put it in alphabetical order :wink:

This is a bit sad, nearly two months that this thread has been open and now it’s basically open enrollment and we still don’t have 100 members. :frowning:

Haha :slight_smile: thanks!!

I’d never expect to have 100 ‘old’ members :wink:

I guess most lurkers won’t trade their virginity for this …

:sweat_smile:

4 Likes

There are actually many very known names left in the list of all nominees (4th post in the thread) who have not yet responded. So it can easily go over 100 eventually.

I might tag all of those names next to get their attention :wink:

1 Like

Noooo, not alphabetical order! I’ll be shunted from my prestigious 4th place to near the bottom!

On a more sensible note, I quite like the way the list is organised because it sort of reflects how active/paying attention various members are currently.

1 Like

I liked Lomsor’s suggestion of a sphere:

4 Likes

As promised, I’m tagging the remaining nominees (with an account) who have not yet responded. Many of these are names I just added there in the 4th post because I remembered them from the old forums but they might not have been tagged anywhere yet. Apologies for disturbing those who have already responded. I might have forgot to mark some people as joined in the list… So 10 at a time:

@Admiral
@Alkan2
@castorpt
@case
@Cinder
@chavtheworld
@ChrisHandley
@Cosmos
@cuituoptiikka
@DamekCritou