My exact first thought.
But I doubt they lost any significant amount of code. Not having cloud backups these days is like asking to go bankrupt. Specially if your office is on the first floor. 
My exact first thought.
But I doubt they lost any significant amount of code. Not having cloud backups these days is like asking to go bankrupt. Specially if your office is on the first floor. 
Is it mean of me to be wondering what they named this newly discovered ocean?
Woah whenās this going to happen.
Right before we launch our KS
Like a minute or a minute and 30 seconds?
New promo video of No Manās Sky from E3:
Looks very nice and I like the fact theyāve gone for their own ācartoonishā aesthetic. That should help them avoid the problem of constantly tweaking the engine to get it looking more realistic.
Thatās pretty neat, but I dislike the cartoony look. Too many bright colors all over the place, like the movie Avatar.
The wildlife looks fun, as well as the destructible environment. (although looking again at the faceted asteroids, I am wondering if that is all that is ādestructibleā?)
Sony gave them as much floor time as most of their triple a titles during that E3 conference.
I agree about the look, feels to bright and looks really clustered. No peace of mind! 
I think it looks awesome! Lots of things to do and see. You can also walk around which is a big plus in my bookā¦
And another video:
oh damn, that actually looks pretty awesome. Reminds me of what Spore should have been like in some ways.
coughs very loudly
I like the artstyle ā¦
I liked Proteus ⦠kinda my thing I guess.
But I have no idea whatās going on in the video.
This looks like what I expected Infinity to be and so much more!
I meanā¦walking on planets, wildlife and vegetationā¦destructible meteorsā¦Iām sure the scale is not as accurate as Infinity and I agree, the strong colors are hard to look at but they work very well for the amount of variety they are aiming for.
And you can see they already have some gameplay going on, walking around and some space dogfighting.
It seems NMS wonāt be dealing with 64bit floating point precision, so they are fine with having multiple scenes between which players travel.
While I-Novae Studios aim for realistic scale, Hello Games are going for small scale with multiple scenes.
This reminds me of one macro oriented RTS game. Supreme Commander was close to true scale, while Supreme Commander 2 scale was cut, so it could work on consoles. Since the developer, Gas Powered Games, was bought by Wargaming, we can conclude that cutting on scale was their biggest mistake.
Is Infinity:BS going to be double precision?
This looks better and better.
Glad that someone finally decided to focus on exploration aspect.
I-Novae has double-precision support, it was built to easily deal with massive scales.
*Devs have said this a couple times before, Iām terrible at finding quotes tho.
I can understand the hype, but the color palette is giving my eyes cancer, Iāll stick to I:BS which has a more serious world-building philosophy. It is still very impressive considering it is a build by 3 people⦠I donāt know what will happen, when they start hiring O_o