Dat crevasse
![]()
######(yes I know it’s a valley/gorge…don’t judge me…I have my reasons)
Dat crevasse
![]()
######(yes I know it’s a valley/gorge…don’t judge me…I have my reasons)
These videos look really well and it just make me sad to not be able to play it right now 
We can see the end of the beginning of a great adventure in space 
My old comp had problems with an auto digital/analog monitor and my frustration. This $300 comp… New system six months after the Kickstarter. And besides my cortical implant is failing. Still very excited!!! 
I think the only thing that might disqualify me is a lack of Skype, but that could be easily addressed. Though the computer I would use is a Windows 8 machine.
Unless that’s not an issue.
Sadly I don’t think I qualify since my trust level is low
oh well. Anyways all the best to those who get in to play test. The video on the blog looks great!
This is all great stuff.
Much excite.
whoa. Just… whoa.
Sitting here on a late night thinking “have they thought about a friends list”? It would be cool if we could request/add & deny friends in Battlescape.
I would have installed skype just for this despite some of it’s system breaking properties, but i saw the system requirements, i have 18gb of memory, an i7 but my card is an older one with only 1.5gb of vram which isnt even in the ballpark. Oh well, you guys that help with the test make sure you report back to the rest of us after the kickstarter!
Damn, that’s wonderful! 
Wish I was available for the 26-27 … well, not like my current GPU would allow me to enter in the first batch of testers anyway, but still.
@INovaeFlavien Out of curiosity, why use Skype instead of TS or Mumble? Most of the time, I’ve only had bad experiences with voice / hearing quality with Skype’s conference call holding more than 3-4 people. If need be, I can always give you guys access to my own TS which can hold up to 12 people. Or I guess you can always easly install a TS server n your machines 
Also, will the forum members have access to some part of the debriefing?
There won’t be a formal one from us beyond a blog post if @INovaeFlavien decides to write one. If the participants decide to provide one that’s up to them however we’re asking them to refrain from posting any videos or screenshots until the KS launches.
The FAQ says diffrently, it exludes all the experience.
Well this is exciting. I think I qualify but will have to double check my gfx card when I get home tomorrow evening.
I appreciate everything being very WIP prototype but I fear the impression this will have on a naieve audience incapable of imagining what could be.
Our goal is to ramp up hype but not give all of the goods away until people can actually visit our Kickstarter page and pledge. How we best accomplish this will be an active and ongoing conversation with those who participate until the KS is launched.
This is why we are being very selective at the moment.
So I’ve been curious about this for some time… Exactly what sort of range in terms of graphic fidelity/options are you planning? Something for everybody or requiring a fairly recent system? I know that the engine itself seems to be fairly well optimized, as with the ring vid afaik @Hutchings was getting ~120 fps on a medium machine. But is flying around a planet more demanding than through rings, or is the demand for gpu power solely because of the un-optimized assets?
… That ended up being a few more questions than I wanted, but muh curiosity…
Congratulations, Flavien and team. It’s hard to believe that it’s been 8 years since I started following your work. So many cool things have happened in my life because of this project and these forums. And now, finally, after all this time…
![]()
I mean the Kickstarter audience.
That’s 1000% better looking than the ICP. I can’t wait to see more of the game and eventually play the full thing.
There’s actually a lot more optimization work for us to do so we expect the minimum required system specs to drop quite a bit between now and the shipping game. D3D12/Vulkan should also help us significantly if we have enough time/resources to do a proper port as its full support will be non-trivial to put it mildly.
That’s TBD for the shipping game. For obvious reasons we’re trying to get the system requirements as low as possible to maximize the number of people who can play however it’s safe to say that if you’re going to be pledging the Alpha or Developer reward tier we recommend you have a beefy system - particularly GPU.
If you’re concerned about your GPU then I would recommend the NVIDIA 970 GTX. NVIDIA’s new Pascal GPU, which should come out next year, is expected to be a massive upgrade and at ~$300 a 970 GTX is almost half the price of a 980 and should serve you quite well until Pascal comes out.
I really hope for support with Vulkan. I have heard that only windows 10 will support DirectX12, and to use older (MS windows) operating systems, Vulkan will have to be used instead. Not to mention that its cross platform. Otherwise the two competing libraries should be pretty much the same.
Stretch goal?