I was allowed to move this thread to the public now that the game is available to a bigger audience.
This thread contains information and past endevours of the community members about how the game is modifiable until the “real” modding support, provided by I-Novae, comes into effect. This modding support may make most of this obsolete. This is at least a year away though, according to Flavien.
Some aspects of Infinity: Battlescape can and have been modded in the past.
There were quite a few changes since then and some of the mods you can find in here may not work anymore.
Getting Started. First off, there isn’t much special knowledge out there. Take your time and try to fiddle. You’ll soon come as far as we came over the years with just a few hours of messing about.
File locations:
There are two significant file location.
One is the the I-Novae folder under Documents:
C:\Users\<Your User>\Documents\I-Novae Studios\Infinity Battlescape\
In here are mostly “client” configuration like graphical settings and such. Most things configurable trough the game. There are still a few things though that can’t be changed ingame. Take a look.
The other significant location is the actual game directory. There are several places in here where you can try to adjust things. Especially in the “config” folder.
Keep in mind that in Infinity: Battlescape, the server is authoritative. So if you change your simulation on your side when it comes to movement and physics, you will experience how the server will error correct you constantly.
Music and Sound
Battlescape uses FMOD and its containers. There are configuration files that point to FMOD containers. You can edit those files and / or edit the FMOD container files and swap out different sounds or music pieces.
With an update I-Novae added the option to have a FMOD update life. The exact meaning of this I have not tried yet, I guess it means that if you change the FMOD container files they will be updated on the fly, while the game is still running. See here: Patch and Updates Notes
Try stuff and post your achievements here. If you have any questions, the people who tried it a bit may be able to share some knowledge too. Please share how you made it work.
place the file in \Dev\Client\GUI\Fonts\
will have to be done every time a game patch modifies the file. The font file itself is unlikely to be affected.