Hi,
I just discovered Battlescape because of the ObsidianAnt video.
I am interested to start playing, but I am not sure how to start. Should I pledge now (it’s still possible) or wait for the Early Access. What will be the difference?
Hi,
I just discovered Battlescape because of the ObsidianAnt video.
I am interested to start playing, but I am not sure how to start. Should I pledge now (it’s still possible) or wait for the Early Access. What will be the difference?
You can pledge at the link below should you desire, and see the associated rewards! Note which tiers give you access - we are currently in Beta but fast approaching Early Access.
As for whether you wait or not, that’s up to your bank account and whether any of the pledge rewards appeal!
Thanks, Sab1e.
Is it already known at what price level the Early Access will be sold?
Not a clue! I will leave that for one of the I-Novae team to answer, though they may not have finalised it yet!
For what it’s worth, it’s a good time to jump in, regardless of what you decide. I backed it way back during the Kickstarter and haven’t regretted it, but we’ve only started getting all the fun gameplay iterations pretty recently!
It’s very playable now, and worth the money (although still lots to do of course)
Keep in Mind that to continue to play until Early Access you would need to pledge the lunar supporter tier (60 $), this was the last asteroid supporter (30 § tier) weekend until Early Access according to the dev posts.
Thanks, I see. And what about the betas?
Will the Early Access versions replace the beta built system you think?
(trying to understand what I would be buying into) 
The game would be the same regardless what tier you pledged. The difference between the tiers are only the additional perks like ship skins, bobbleheads and such (cosmetics) and of course when you are able to play. Everyone with the 60$ dollar tier or above already has permanent access, those with the 30$ tier (asteroid tier) only had limited weekends to playtest the game (like this weekend) and when the game has its early access release (probably 1 to 3 months from now).
Early access pricing will probably be close to the asteroid tier (30$).
Just keep in mind that by buying the asteroid tier you will only get to play the game today for the remaining hours and then again unlimited when early access release is.
Thanks, I appreciate your help. 
I think I found an exploit when it comes to fighting npc intys planetside. Simply keep directly below them about 100m from the surface and they can’t target you. They’ll fly in small circles.
I would like the capital ship mode controls separated in the keybindings so I can experiment with different settings.
The matches seem to have shortened relative to previous patches, it might just be the increased playerbase over the weekend.
In addition to the increasing projectile speed for the corvette’s weapons, I would like two additional buffs to the blasters to be considered. First is efficiency, they drain far too much energy right now imo, and regen is almost frustratingly slow for me. Second is damage increase, as even when I do land hits, they just take forever to break shields.
The carrier is really awesome, I like the design a lot. 
I found myself repeatedly looking at a target as a torpedo bomber and it took several keystrokes to lock the target I was looking at. “T”, “next”, “nearest” wasn’t always a timely choice. I do not remember a target under reticule key bind.
I found that binding “select target under reticule” to the middle mouse button (or scroll wheel click) feels very natural and works fantastic.
Thank you. I will try that the next time access opens.