KS Video first vs. second impression

Ships only combust the atmosphere, if they’re made by VW Audi Group and not in emissions test mode.

1 Like

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Ok, I think its time to request to get this thread back on topic.
So, please post only about:

KS Video first vs. second impression
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Fair enough.

IMO, it’s absolutely standard video game practice for the first video to be a flashy cinematic piece that sets the scene and mood of the game, but shows little to nothing about actual gameplay. I think it’s totally expected, and provided there’s more details easy available about what the game actually is, it’s completely fine.

In this case, it actually does a little more (if youre paying attention). The start of the video points out that it’s real game engine graphics and the in cockpit views are representative of the game.

I like it anyway.

First impression. Looks very professional for a trailer, unexpectedly good actually. I’m digging the factory smoke, the explosions, and the music/sfx and the camera (zoom/pan) effects.

Second impression. it could use an increase in quality (detail) on models/textures. Things look a bit miniature, I’ve also seen better water but that could be just an art direction. I’m not that big a fan of the gas giant. I’m curious if the procedural stuff has another level of detail value/option, because some mountains could look bit more rockier/taller/terragen, but at the same time it looks elegant as it is. Also I like the rings better in this trailer than the gameplay build (the bueish hue).

I’m wondering how big planets can be (10 or 100 times bigger than current example?). And I think the warp drive needs a limiter (especially for when in asteroids).

1 Like