KS Video first vs. second impression

You need to unblock content to see it on the forum. I can see the webm gif after I do that.

Seems like ther’s a single white frame in there, maybe check that?

ah, thanks. that was weird. Yeah, note sure where that came from, I’m re-encoding but its taking forever, not at my home pc. do you think that clip is worthwhile, or should I look elsewhere?

I would cut the first few seconds until he re-enters the camera, other then that it’s great showing how tiny that base really is.

need mooaaaar rammmmm :confused:

alright, finally got things re-encoded. uploading now…

http://gfycat.com/ShrillBigheartedBison
1 Like

Navy, I can only see anything if I open that link to the gif.

And I just realized something… Why don’t we have a HD youtube version of that sequence of videos behind the logo on the Battlescape website? That is exactly what a highlights video should look like.

1 Like

https://inovaestudios.blob.core.windows.net/ibsite/splash_1280.webm

9 Likes

Yes, this one. Maybe they could upload it in HD so somebody can add some highlights from the other videos to it with some exciting music and put it in youtube so we have something quick to link to.

Yeah, I know. If you’re using chrome, click the shield icon at the right side of the address bar.

It is 720p. The quality is quite acceptable.

General
Unique ID                   : 120567078071867956713651954654605888453 (0x5AB45FE58FE07280449548488B764BC5)
Complete name               : E:\Medien\Video\Internet\Infinity - Battlescape\KIckstarter\splash_1280.webm
Format                      : WebM
Format version              : Version 2
File size                   : 6.73 MiB
Duration                    : 15s 700ms
Overall bit rate            : 3 595 Kbps
Writing application         : Lavf55.0.100
Writing library             : Lavf55.0.100

Video
ID                          : 1
Format                      : VP8
Codec ID                    : V_VP8
Duration                    : 15s 700ms
Bit rate                    : 3 446 Kbps
Width                       : 1 280 pixels
Height                      : 720 pixels
Display aspect ratio        : 16:9
Frame rate mode             : Constant
Frame rate                  : 30.000 fps
Compression mode            : Lossy
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)          : 0.125
Stream size                 : 6.45 MiB (96%)
Language                    : English
Default                     : Yes
Forced                      : No

Someone could use it … yes. Why not you @AngryMarine? No time?

Today I spent 90 minutes sending tweets and emails. Im already spending time I can’t afford. :confused:

4 Likes

Working on that now. Will post “somewhere” when it’s up. Activity is moving too quickly to keep track of everything.

3 Likes

Somewhat irrelevant but the fluffy engine graphics made me to love to have some decent engine graphics down the line.
Example:

That looks like propane. Don’t know if I really prefer that over the old version.

Thats exactly what you get if you take the graphics programmer and sit him down in front of a Bunsen burner :wink:

3 Likes

I guess refining and improving the engines is something they will do anyways when polishing the game.

What would be fantastic is if effects were dependent on the local atmosphere or absence of. For example, in atmosphere, everything would be more fiery while in vacuum, everything would be ‘cleaner’ and subdued (as it would dissipate way more quickly and wouldn’t overheat local air into fire).

Doesn’t each element burn with a different colour? If you have a definition for the color of each planet’s atmosphere, then it might look well if they did a blend of the two colours at the end of the thruster’s trail. And it might work as a visual cue of how thick the atmosphere around you is.

That already happens in the prototype. Smoke only appears when in the atmosphere of the Earth-like planet.
[edit] actually both planets