Kickstarter Milestone and Excited Keyboard Bashing Thread (111% FUNDED)

180k! WOO!

2 Likes

Man, it’s happening! Raising money looks hard. :wink:

1 Like

It’s exhausting. Mothers don’t let your children grow up to launch Kickstarters.

23 Likes

Grinding through the mid-kickstarter slump has always been the worst part of crowd-funding. It’ll pick up a lot as the deadline starts to loom more ominously towards the end. ;D

1 Like

##:flashlight: :flags: :crossed_flags: 182’000 :fast_forward: 60% :crossed_flags: :flags: :flashlight:

5 Likes

183000… :sunglasses:

7 Likes

60% is a nice round number \o/

Actually 61 already.

4 Likes

Yeah that Scott Manley video really bumped up the rate. Thankfully…

I was starting to get really nervous, now I’m only fairly nervous. Lol.

2 Likes

You can also expect an LGR video in the coming days, he has ~300k subscribers so that’ll surely kick it up a bit too.

2 Likes

A bit!? :wink:

1 Like

Still worried. Need it to pick up a little.
Fingers are crossed, as is everything else. :wink:

1 Like

Those glorious lines! What glorious liiinneeees!

6 Likes

What is the minimum level of funding we should reach before the end surge in order to ride it through the finish line? 200k? 250k? This is the first KS I’ve ever followed so I don’t know how it usually works. And tbh it might be my last KS. The stress… :slight_smile: :open_mouth:

2 Likes

I see it as a y=mx+b type of approximation, where b dollars is from is all of the people who were ready to give money the moment it came out, then m is the rate at which views trickle in.

Following that approximation there’s probably something like a 50-60% chance of success.

Hehe I know the feels. I can’t even work in the day, just browsing kicktraq all day.

I don’t know about the numbers. I think it depends. The only two other kickstarters I’ve followed (that didn’t reach its goal in like three days) are these two


1 Like

:rocket: :rocket: 184 000! :rocket: :rocket:

3 Likes
| Day | Increase | Total    |    Date Time of data      |  Required/24hrs
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
| 1   | $82,570  | $82,570  | Thu, 22 Oct 2015 12:03:06 | $7,497
| 2   | $15,706  | $98,276  | Fri, 23 Oct 2015 12:02:22 | $7,204  -$293
| 3   | $8,266   | $106,542 | Sat, 24 Oct 2015 12:09:42 | $7,165  -$39
| 4   | $6,293   | $112,835 | Sun, 25 Oct 2015 12:11:23 | $7,199  +$34
| 5   | $28,419  | $141,546 | Mon, 26 Oct 2015 12:01:42 | $6,338  -$860
| 6   | $5,051   | $146,597 | Tue, 27 Oct 2015 12:13:45 | $6,392  +$54
| 7   | $5,268   | $151,865 | Wed, 28 Oct 2015 12:00:02 | $6,441  +$49
| 8   | $3,650   | $155,515 | Thu, 29 Oct 2015 12:06:57 | $6,568  +$127
| 9   | $2,771   | $158,286 | Fri, 30 Oct 2015 11:55:58 | $6,748  +$181
| 10  | $9,232   | $167,518 | Sat, 31 Oct 2015 12:00:35 | $6.624  -$124
| 11  | $8,935   | $176,453 | Sun, 01 Nov 2015 12:02:48 | $6,502  -$122

| 12  | $5,318   | $181,771 | Mon, 02 Nov 2015 12:08:09 | $6,568  +$66

Daily requirement creeping up again… :worried:

What are the rules on funding yourself? I’d try to pool like 10k over the course of a few months with a few people if I was running a KS like this in case it was by a hair’s breadth.

Oh this is good news: https://twitter.com/AngryJoeShow/status/661359567834447873

Should bring over some more publicity.

5 Likes

Yeah 2 million subs and prettymuch youtube household name is big stuff right here.
He probably even has serious gaming media contacts too. Huge opportunity.