Firs of all I think I showed that but will type that out again: “I think every player, no matter how casual or hardcore, how social or antisocial, how little or much he plays the game should get a chance to see every part of the game by just playing the game.”
This is why there are tanks and jets literally standing around in Battlefield, why you are asked if you want to play the Hero Unit in Star Wars: Battlefront and can just pick up new gameplay from the ground in the new Battlefront.
Those things are gameplay the Devs put in a lot of effort and they are fun. Some a lot of fun. Limiting access of that to certain kinds of players isn’t fun.
Things like Tactics, Strategies, Compositions are all stuff the game can be a basis off, but isn’t programmed by the devs. That stuff has and always will come from individuals and groups who play the game, because they create it. There’s a difference in the two. Both are fun and can coexist.
@77wisher77 This won’t be an RPG. Ships aren’t loot. They are Vehicles with certain skills. They are not comparable to loot. They aren’t dropped, they are build. Someone/something has to build/spawn them.
You could implement a loot system where every succesfull transport “drops” a capital ship. But do you really want to bring the same problematic here?
Even without the “Lottery” systems all players will have access to all ships. (not confirmed by devs)
The devs want to add economy in combination with high ship prices while still catering to the 30 minutes of fun casuals. This creates a problem.
If an individual can buy a capital ship in 20 minutes of play, this would never be a problem. But the devs themselves said, they want for players to have to pool resources. This means that a capital ship will probably take 5 players 20 minutes. This means that a single player would need to play 100 minutes. Depending on how long a match lasts, this may never happen. A contradiction to the casual goal.
On top of that is that there will be balancing issues because of how groups will be able to deploy forces a lot faster and better, not only will they dominate tactically, skill wise and strategically but also tool wise. I’m not talking about balancing inside of teams, I’m talking about balancing between teams.
Everyone would profit if different sized Casual groups on the different facitions could defend/attack with all the tools the game has instead of relying on groups for a whole branch of warfare.
In order to give the devs freedom on how expensive to make capitals, the lottery idea came into fruition to try to have everything by only sacrificing a small percentage of casual player income. It’s not just about helping the casuals get ships, it’s about helping the team even while being a casual.
It also solves the problem of shorter game times. I’m sure there will be some sort of modifier that will make acquisition of capitals easier the shorter the game gets. But it could be that some people might never scrap together the money and just fall short at the end of the match virtually every time. The lottery gives them a chances that out of the ten 30 minute matches they might play in a week with that server setting. One or two will have them fly a capital instead of zero.
Freedom of grouping stays intact, freedom of balancing ship prices is given and all group tactics still would work.
I really don’t see what problem there is, except for the “casuals should need to be forced to socialize” which is a view I can accept, but not a flaw of the system, but another requirement/condition for it.
Another sidenote. I can’t think of a single game that wanted to combine those attributes (economy, valuable drivable vehicles and casual play).
But I rambled enough. I think I made my point. This has to be the topic with my longest posts in a long time. Was fun tough. 
I can understand why most FPS just go with First Come First Serve without any or near to no economy.