Common sense also says that objects can’t be in two places at once, pass through other objects like they aren’t there, or affect other objects hundreds of miles away.
Welcome to the wacky world of the subatomic.
Common sense also says that objects can’t be in two places at once, pass through other objects like they aren’t there, or affect other objects hundreds of miles away.
Welcome to the wacky world of the subatomic.
Common sense totally isn’t the basis for formal Science.
Apparently it takes 4 people to make 1 point these days.
FML.
Just beating dead horses.
I’d really appreciate it if you could fix the quotations of this post?
Guessed what the basis for computers, and computer programs, is?
To be fair I was being intentionally obscure to try and let people reach their own conclusions rather than browbeating them with facts, I accept full responsibility for the posting of said conclusions or elaborations.
Sarcasm? Ahem.
I have no idea what your talking about. I took them to the vet and had them neutered, ugh should they have been spayed instead!?!
I sometimes wonder if you’re having different conversations to everyone else…
Honestly -
Making a planet is cool but making that planet interesting is a whole different story.
Why not a bunch of tools that allow the procedural placement of objects such as buildings or vegetation.
BUT you can drill down and fine tune them to make them unique in their own awesome way.
For example - I am making a 1/2 scale Europe in Unreal Engine 4 I need to think differently how I make content and place it. I could write a blueprint script (Visual Script) that allows me to place an entire town in a certain area. But I can also drill down into each building and make a that building unique. For example - This depot belongs to the axis at the start of the campaign or this building belongs to the Allies as well as define various other attributes such as how it looks, How it will be placed, the frequency of the placement, and more!
That is what I want to see from a tool from I-Novae somthing that allows me to get away with allot for very little time 
Okay, so it took me a moment to realise these suggestions are more based on the SDK than engine itself. I would imagine the inclusion of buildings will be pretty fundamental to the engine’s development and therefore I would be surprised if it didn’t make it eventually into the SDK. As for robust tools for placing and editing, that would be up to the devs.
Vegetation is a tricky one, as we don’t really know so far what vegetation is currently supported (or planned) by the engine. However, if trees and the like are put in, a tool to place them effectively should not be too hard to implement.
I can sympathise with this. 
In regards to vegetation and Multi-cellular life. This could help out
http://www.lazy8studios.com/2012/extrasolar_blog_2
It is very interesting to how people get around generating a planets worth of content 
I want a button to press that banishes Kichae’s avatar from the world wide web forever and ever.
My thingy thing thing I made was significantly more powerful than that, but I’ve had yet another idea which has caused me to leave it behind, because it’s just silly now. 
OOh. maybe you should suck my balls or something
P.s. I live like 5 miles away from you. Watch out!
What does P.S. even stand for anyway?
Shouldn’t that be THEN everyone else? 
Post Script.
Not traditionally what the house of Wa had in mind but I understand the appeal.
Not that I’m aware of.
“Different to” is British English, “different than” is American English, “different then” is not a language I recognize. Muphry’s law strikes again.
If by “effectively” you mean “automatically with procedural generation”, you’re absolutely correct.
If you’re talking about making a tool to let devs/modders hand-place vegetation (and optionally buildings etc.), there are some potential issues… for example, if vegetation is implemented there’ll likely be more trees in the Infinity MMO than there are bytes of computer memory in the world today. Hand-placing even a small fraction, even if you had the man-hours to spend, could bloat the size of the game quite badly.
You mean Murphy, presumably?