This thread it meant to gather ideas to enhance backer participation for community events like the play-test-weekends.
One mayor concern that was raised on the community discord, were the seemingly unspectacular email notifications that were send beforehand.
The Subject of the email was:
Project Update #125: Infinity: Battlescape by I-Novae Studios
- the subject line was the usual automated kickstarter subject
- was send though the kickstarter notification system, therefore looks like the generic kickstarter emails
- lots of text, TL;DR
- no clear instruction what to do
- emails were send on friday on short notice
Some ideas to improve the email:
- the subject line needs to be more catchy
Claim your Kickstarter reward! Infinity: Battlescape by I-Novae Studios
Your Kickstarter reward is unlocked! Infinity: Battlescape
Dear [Backer name], your Infinity: Battlescape download is ready!
- the design of the email notification should stand out of the usual project updates, with big buttons and headlines that immediately tell us what the email is about, a picture with a screenshot or a knock-out of a spaceship on the end of the email could also be included for people that might not remember on what they spend money
- I suggest sending a first email on Thursday and the final notification when the weekend starts on Friday