HUD / Cockpit considerations

Ahh, you’re talking about playing in the 3rd person (no worries about the english). We do have a 3rd person flight mode but we currently aren’t planning on allowing 3rd person flight with a HUD. We will be providing more translations as the game matures, Russian is high on our list as we have a large number of Russian players however I cannot provide an exact timeline for a Russian translation.

1 Like

Hi, tell me which program you can translate if I take the English localization file and translate it in the program. I tried several programs, it doesn’t work.

Any program that can read / write a .csv file, like OpenOffice Calc or Excel.

For the font to appear in game, you need 3 things:

  • A font that supports Cyrillic alphabet. Put the .ttf file in the game’s data folder: Client / GUI / Fonts. You can for example try “Roboto Condensed” from Google fonts ( https://fonts.google.com/specimen/Roboto+Condensed?selection.family=Roboto+Condensed )
  • In the localization directory, create a “ru” sub-directory and copy the english meta.xml and Strings.csv. Edit meta.xml and replace the name by “Russian” and the code to “ru”
  • In strings.csv replace the font data, here’s an example for Roboto:

UI_Font_Main_Name,“Roboto Condensed”
UI_Font_Main_Path,"$Dev/Client/GUI/Fonts/RobotoCondensed-Regular.ttf"
UI_Font_Vertical_Offset,0.1
UI_Font_Scale,0.8

As for the rest, each line should contain a tag and its russian translation.

See this thread for the template:

2 Likes

Note that changing the font is no longer required as the game’s new and current Tommorow Medium font supports the Cyrillic alphabet. Though Russian text is generally wider than latin text and the game does not adapt to that.

Hmm are you sure ? I tried Tomorrow Medium and I get a garbled mess.

Ah, you are right… The character map doesn’t have Cyrillic characters. :frowning_face: I must have had a different font set up.