It was so long ago… X3 had come out around that time so it must have been… 2006? 2007? I was looking for mods for X3 in ModDB, I searched for space games in general and I stumbled upon Infinity and thought “That is awesome! And it’s all the work of one guy.”. I bookmarked the site and have been checking up on it regularly ever since, until the time the old site died. I’m so happy to see things turned out well for the Infinity engine.
Some guy posted about it in alt.fan.elite
It was 2007… I accidentally watched on Youtube space engine videos (because I am very interested in space stuff, yey). I stumbled upon I-Novae back then… I can’t remember which video it was exactly… later on (2010) I showed my family&friends the tech demo. It was a funny moment because they didn’t believe that it was real time… haha!
Not making an issue, never mind.
Probably googled for eve alternatives, and stumbled upon infinity:q4e. Followed the forums more or less actively since then, so I was probably lurking around when they announced the foundation of I-Novae Studios.
I found it on Moddb around 2007
Don’t remember. Maybe on the egosoft forums from X3 Reunion’s launch?