General Forum Testing

GoDaddy certificates aren’t cheap … where’s the donation hat so I can throw in some coins :sunny:

:heavy_dollar_sign::heavy_dollar_sign::heavy_dollar_sign::heavy_dollar_sign::heavy_dollar_sign::heavy_dollar_sign::heavy_dollar_sign::heavy_dollar_sign::heavy_dollar_sign::heavy_dollar_sign::heavy_dollar_sign::heavy_dollar_sign::heavy_dollar_sign::heavy_dollar_sign::heavy_dollar_sign::heavy_dollar_sign::heavy_dollar_sign::heavy_dollar_sign::heavy_dollar_sign::heavy_dollar_sign::heavy_dollar_sign::heavy_dollar_sign: Is the answer.

Got me too. A bad time to move to New York there Keith?

Pretty much exactly this lol, kind of a perfect storm.

1 Like

Hey guys,

Discourse 1.2 was just released with even more awesome features and performance improvements!

I see you are on 1.2beta4, I suggest updating to 1.2 final!

3 Likes

We got bugs for you. :slight_smile:

Minor Miscellaneous Forum Bugs

1 Like

Yes, many of those would be fixed by upgrading to latest.

1 Like

Thanks a bunch @codinghorror for the personal reminder, I really appreciate it =). We’ll be upgrading shortly, I have to finish testing a bunch of stuff before I roll out the next website + forums upgrade.

3 Likes

?!?! :grinning:

1 Like

It’s primarily an upgrade to the internals so don’t get too excited just yet :stuck_out_tongue:.

… will it have a …

*whispers*

dark theme?

2 Likes

The second set is from somewhere else … ups. :stuck_out_tongue:

:blush:

3 Likes

no, it’ll just be website internals and a forums upgrade.

awwwww…

:disappointed:

I wasn’t expecting any more. Just nagging … nag nag

the light theme really is especially bad because it’s not even black on grey, it’s eyesplitting FFFFFF on 000000. Maybe if your 90 years old you need this much contrast or you’ll read slightly slower, but grey on grey dark themes are so much better for screens. Positive light vs negative light etc.

So … I never liked this new Discourse forum (sorry Keith :slight_smile: )
I would trade the old forums look for this one anytime.

But damn, i have to say:
Some of the features are really great.

Sometimes site can just crash while you are writing.
But unlike other forum systems. This one don’t just throw away your post it keeps it saved.
I like that its great.

What do you mean by ‘site can just crash’?
Does it freeze or does the browser crash?
How do other tabs behave when this happens?

I have never experienced anything like that.

At aprox. 9:25am 11. July web site of Inovae studios was unavailable.
I don’t know the reason. It was just wild guess. But at that moment i clicked this blue button to reply and
Bam, site is not available. (problem was not on my end)
My first thought - My post is gone. After a minute or two it was back up. And surprise!
My post was not gone. it was saved as a draft :slight_smile:

That actually could have been due to scheduled Azure VM maintenance.