After a handful of hours, this post on ship types was by far the most useful section on this entire forum for me.
Is there any additional details about gameplay mechanics? Wondering about things like:
- Countermeasures: How do they actually work? How many missiles can they stop? Is there a max range? Cooldown? They seem to be different between ships?
- Weapon Stats: Any lists or tables with all the numbers? Max range, fire rate, speeds, damage, firing arcs. Is there ever a reason to have weapons turned off?
- Targetting: Some ships and weapons target, some don’t. How do the automatic ones choose their targets?
- Shields: They block damage, but we see some ships taking hull damage before shields are depleted. Is this a ratio?
- Overcharge: They make systems better, but what’s the downside?
- Stations: We’ve seen that you can knock out hangers and turrets, but its not clear what kind of weapons can do that. Are there other parts that can be destroyed? Do they repair themselves over time?
- AI Commanders\Missions: How do they work? Where do their units come from? What triggers an assault/defense and how exactly do they end?
- Credits: How do you get them besides killing stuff? What do team credits do (are they divided up between participants of a mission)? What counts for participating in a mission? Sometimes we see them ticking up gradually, what causes that?
- Warp/Travel: Is there an easy way to tell that a station is on a near or far side of the planet? Sometimes we see giant arrows pointing towards stations or other objects. What are those about?
Thanks. The game is very cool.