Chris Roberts "Note from the Chairman" about Infinity Battlescape

It is very interesting being able to clearly see the effect each of these events had on the funding progress (and differences between them). The way Reddit gave us a massive boost but had no staying power compared to Scotts video being much more of a slow burner as views came in over several days.

1 Like

very exciting… cant wait to see what this project turns into

3 Likes

Still a lot of room for PewDiePie spike and some AVGN spike and some AngryJoe spike :wink:

2 Likes

never see PewDiePie plays space sim… or is it just me?

This video basically starts with a summary of his gaming preferences:

first 5 seconds reminded me why I never watched anything he does.

4 Likes

Imagine if even 0.05% of PewDiePie subscribers backed this lol.

I wonder if this is going to appear on the big gaming sites thou.

I’m going to be honest, I’d rather die then play with a significant part of his fanbase. Even if you exclude the children I’d still rather turn into a pile of broken bones and severed limbs then play with most of them.

1 Like

You probably wouldn’t even notice it.

…

The probability that some people here are also fans of PewDiePie is pretty hight … keep that in mind.

I can’t stand PDP’s videos myself, but keep in mind that he’s playing a characterized version of himself, and a large part of his viewership is in on the joke. He only acts that way on camera, and they only respond that way when watching him. Because it’s a game.

You may as well say you’d rather die than play with someone who likes the movie The Room.

2 Likes

Ooooh, but I can imagine that quite well :smile:

Joke aside, not every young person is a “typical CoD player who knows my mother very well”. Although I don’t know what’s the “fanbase” of PDP…

4 Likes

I don’t doubt it.

It’s a rather blanket statement yes, but the few interactions I’ve had with the vocal part of his fanbase gave me a migraine to match the power of a billion black holes the size of my fist, all cannibalizing on each other at the same time.

I don’t get it.

‘Then’ and ‘than’ are two different words with two different meanings. :wink:

Ah, but the vocal part is not necessarily representative of the (most probably way bigger) silent part(s). I could (but won’t) cite you stuff whose vocal fanbase I can’t stand, while having friends liking said stuff.
That’s even more true with a eight-digit following, where the vocal fanbase will be even more of an unrepresentative minority.

To take a (less obnoxious if I hear you) different example, think about the trekkies and the average Star Trek viewer(s), and you’ll see that the former aren’t really representative of the latter.

I personally can’t stand Cyprien (biggest French youtuber last time I checked), for example, but I would welcome if CyprienGaming (less popular but still) featured Battlescape anyway.
Not just because, even with an average .01% conversion rate, it would have a huge impact, but because there is nothing wrong with people watching it.

Hell, I even have friends watching bloody Starcraft 2 plays!

Of course, nothing wrong with teasing them about it either, as long as you’re not being mean…

Until the silent speak up, they need to understand that however minor the voice is, it’s the Representative.

On Reverse the Verse Ben just commented about how excited Chris was to see the game in action. Ben has been working closely with Chris since the kickstarter so he means what he says :smiley:

4 Likes

Question regarding the Star Citizen Kick starter…How did they get so many pledges in the last 4 days? Was there special advertising or something? Take a look at the massive pledge spikes at the end of the kickstarter!

Then compare to our kickstarter progress:

Kickstarters just tend to follow the same patterns over and over again.
Roberts endorsement is on point with what happened with Carmageddon KS at about the same tiem too.
Actually everything is almost exact same.

3 Likes

I used this Selbie, many thanks.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=150306&page=30&p=3063739#post3063739

258 comments now for the note from the chairman. Not bad as small posts go on the CIG comms link.

best thing we can all do is to draw more attention to the CR post, and let people discover the KS naturally:

1 Like

1 Like