Chris Roberts "Note from the Chairman" about Infinity Battlescape

I can attest to the letter working. Backed today. Haven’t heard news about Infinity in 5+ years.

10 Likes

Oh yeah, never thought about that, there are probably a few community members who stopped posting here who are now losing their shit after seeing that article.

1 Like

It’s a very classy move by Chris. Kudos to him.

1 Like

Woow. Respect to that guy.
He actually boosted funding doing this.

Thanks alot

Very exciting, it’s the biggest pledge day since that reddit post in the first week.

Can’t thank Chris Roberts and the Star Citizen community enough for showing their support.

4 Likes

I was very interested in TQE years back, but progress was so slow I just couldn’t keep interested. Lost contact with this project years ago.
CR sent me back today with his post, glad to see the progress, and with that glad to do my part to help!

4 Likes

Great boost to publicity there! Looks like most of the comments below are positive too.

I couldn’t imagine that happening… I knew I was right about the guy, that is, in one word, awesome…

I am excited to see what will be the impact with big media. But if with that I-Novae doesn’t reach at least the first goal…

Also I really would like to see the name of @JonnyRedHed on the next update too. A lot of us tried to contact CR but Jonny made a lot to connect the communities of SC and I:B

6 Likes

CR got my respect!

2 Likes

Woooow, woke up this morning to see 1000’$s of extra pledges. Isn’t this nearly a 10k boost by some post Chris Roberts made.

Thanks again CR and your amazing Star Citizen community. Some very mature and respectful internet behaviour.
Thats a rare sight nowadays.

I thought the pledge boost was just because of the latest kickstarter update, but this makes much more sense. With this we are very likely to reach the goal, even with no other spikes before the one that usually happens in the last couple of days.

Pretty nice to see his contribution. Now let us all hope that AngryJoe also creates a demo so we could even reach some stretch goals! We can do it!

4 Likes

Meh, Chris Roberts backed David Brabens’ Elite Dangerous kick starter (so did I) even when his own game is still in production, and that quote you have there, it’s not wrong.

For years the only game we had holding up the genre, was Eve Online, and it’s not really a sim, but at least it kept internet spaceship nerds happy for awhile.

So yeah, the more internet spaceship games there is, well, lets just say this, there’s never enough internet spaceship games!

2 Likes

Don’t forget X ;]

Oh that was really Great of him. Spike is fairly noticeable.
Hats off to Chris
Great job @JonnyRedHed :+1:

2 Likes

If the “spike” goes on tomorrow you could notice that 1000 new backers join us in a little week. It’s really great… again 89k$ to reach the first goal, in 2 weeks… that sounds really good !!

edit : 5 more backers in less than 10 minutes !

1 Like

It is funny how you can look at this and see exactly when the reddit’s post, scott manley’s video and this happened.

2 Likes

Yeah, the roller coaster has been pretty fun to look at.

1 Like

Full details on KS


Insane how that little CR text changed the rollercoaster again,
to be honest, I was getting a bit… “aaaargh” last few days, it was stalling really

1 Like

I like this graph: http://sidekick.epfl.ch/campaign/995551135-infinity-battlescape

You can mouse over and see:

  • The Reddit post resulted in a rapid jump of about $17,000 in 14 hours
  • Scott Manley’s video resulted in no rapid jump but an increase in daily pledges by over $2,600/day
  • Chris Roberts’ announcement has this far resulted in a rapid jump of about $20,000 in 24 hours.

We’ll see if this continues over the next 24 hours!

3 Likes