@Sab1e Do you still have the log file ?
Yes, here’s the crash file. Got the game log too if you need it.
Crash log
– EXCEPTION DETECTED -----------------------
Thread/Process:
Handle to process = FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
IdProc = 13840
Thread handle = FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFE
Symbols table:
Module C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Local\I-Novae Studios\Battlescape\Bin\Infinity Battlescape.exe, 00007FF7D4190000:007d8000
Module C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll, 00007FFE1A7A0000:001e1000
Module C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNEL32.DLL, 00007FFE17F70000:000b2000
Module C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll, 00007FFE175A0000:00273000
Module C:\WINDOWS\System32\USER32.dll, 00007FFE18280000:00190000
Module C:\WINDOWS\System32\win32u.dll, 00007FFE17820000:00020000
Module C:\WINDOWS\System32\GDI32.dll, 00007FFE1A710000:00028000
Module C:\WINDOWS\System32\gdi32full.dll, 00007FFE16B70000:00192000
Module C:\WINDOWS\System32\msvcp_win.dll, 00007FFE16D90000:0009f000
Module C:\WINDOWS\System32\ucrtbase.dll, 00007FFE17840000:000fa000
Module C:\WINDOWS\System32\WS2_32.dll, 00007FFE1A6A0000:0006c000
Module C:\WINDOWS\System32\RPCRT4.dll, 00007FFE1A510000:00124000
Module C:\WINDOWS\System32\SETUPAPI.dll, 00007FFE19FD0000:0044b000
Module C:\WINDOWS\System32\msvcrt.dll, 00007FFE181E0000:0009e000
Module C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSVCP140.dll, 00007FFE012E0000:0009f000
Module C:\WINDOWS\System32\cfgmgr32.dll, 00007FFE17940000:00049000
Module C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\XINPUT9_1_0.dll, 00007FFE10C10000:00007000
Module C:\WINDOWS\System32\ADVAPI32.dll, 00007FFE19CF0000:000a1000
Module C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\VERSION.dll, 00007FFE122B0000:0000a000
Module C:\WINDOWS\System32\sechost.dll, 00007FFE1A640000:0005b000
Module C:\WINDOWS\System32\SHELL32.dll, 00007FFE188B0000:01440000
Module C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\VCRUNTIME140.dll, 00007FFE013E0000:00016000
Module C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DWrite.dll, 00007FFE0AAF0000:0031c000
Module C:\WINDOWS\System32\shcore.dll, 00007FFE18090000:000a9000
Module C:\WINDOWS\System32\combase.dll, 00007FFE17C30000:00323000
Module C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\dxgi.dll, 00007FFE15870000:000bb000
Module C:\WINDOWS\System32\bcryptPrimitives.dll, 00007FFE16D10000:0007a000
Module C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WINMM.dll, 00007FFE14D20000:00023000
Module C:\WINDOWS\System32\windows.storage.dll, 00007FFE16E30000:0070d000
Module C:\WINDOWS\System32\shlwapi.dll, 00007FFE18770000:00051000
Module C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\amd64_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.17134.254_none_fb41980530664d2b\COMCTL32.dll, 00007FFE0D0D0000:00269000
Module C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\dbghelp.dll, 00007FFE06C40000:001c9000
Module C:\WINDOWS\System32\kernel.appcore.dll, 00007FFE16B50000:00011000
Module C:\WINDOWS\System32\profapi.dll, 00007FFE16B00000:0001f000
Module C:\WINDOWS\System32\powrprof.dll, 00007FFE16AB0000:0004c000
Module C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\Secur32.dll, 00007FFE03D00000:0000c000
Module C:\WINDOWS\System32\FLTLIB.DLL, 00007FFE16B20000:0000a000
Module C:\WINDOWS\System32\ole32.dll, 00007FFE19E70000:00151000
Module C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\winmmbase.dll, 00007FFE14C00000:0002a000
Module C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\IPHLPAPI.DLL, 00007FFE160B0000:00038000
Module C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WINHTTP.dll, 00007FFE09F60000:000dc000
Module C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Local\I-Novae Studios\Battlescape\Bin\OpenAL32.dll, 000000006E0F0000:000df000
Module C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WININET.dll, 00007FFE00860000:0046e000
Module C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\d3d11.dll, 00007FFE13D50000:0030b000
Module C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Local\I-Novae Studios\Battlescape\Bin\D3DCOMPILER_47.dll, 00007FFDE1660000:0044c000
Module C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Local\I-Novae Studios\Battlescape\Bin\zlibwapi.dll, 00007FFE0FC10000:00020000
Module C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Local\I-Novae Studios\Battlescape\Bin\ode.dll, 00007FFDF1630000:000a3000
Module C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Local\I-Novae Studios\Battlescape\Bin\alut.dll, 00007FFE10820000:0000d000
Module C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Local\I-Novae Studios\Battlescape\Bin\libvorbisfile.dll, 00007FFE0FC00000:0000d000
Module C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DINPUT8.dll, 00007FFDEA830000:00043000
Module C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Local\I-Novae Studios\Battlescape\Bin\libvorbis.dll, 00007FFDE5480000:001a4000
Module C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Local\I-Novae Studios\Battlescape\Bin\libogg.dll, 00007FFE0FBF0000:0000b000
Module C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\SSPICLI.DLL, 00007FFE169B0000:00030000
Module C:\WINDOWS\System32\IMM32.DLL, 00007FFE1A740000:0002d000
Module C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\inputhost.dll, 00007FFE0C510000:00079000
Module C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\wintypes.dll, 00007FFE12A50000:0014d000
Module C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CoreMessaging.dll, 00007FFE14B10000:000da000
Module C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CoreUIComponents.dll, 00007FFE124C0000:0031e000
Module C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntmarta.dll, 00007FFE15BA0000:00031000
Module C:\WINDOWS\system32\uxtheme.dll, 00007FFE15160000:00098000
Module C:\WINDOWS\System32\MSCTF.dll, 00007FFE185E0000:00175000
Module C:\WINDOWS\System32\OLEAUT32.dll, 00007FFE19DA0000:000c2000
Module C:\WINDOWS\system32\dwmapi.dll, 00007FFE15240000:00029000
Module C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\HID.DLL, 00007FFE157E0000:0000c000
Module C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DEVOBJ.dll, 00007FFE168C0000:00027000
Module C:\WINDOWS\System32\WINTRUST.dll, 00007FFE17540000:00057000
Module C:\WINDOWS\System32\MSASN1.dll, 00007FFE16B30000:00012000
Module C:\WINDOWS\System32\CRYPT32.dll, 00007FFE17990000:001e2000
Module C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\XInput1_4.dll, 00007FFE0F9D0000:00010000
Module C:\WINDOWS\System32\TextInputFramework.dll, 00007FFE0C470000:00097000
Module C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\mscms.dll, 00007FFE11E40000:000a8000
Module C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\USERENV.dll, 00007FFE169E0000:00028000
Module C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ColorAdapterClient.dll, 00007FFE14CC0000:00010000
Module C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\icm32.dll, 00007FFE0F980000:00043000
Module C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_f5be1f8d25335236\nvldumdx.dll, 00007FFE10C70000:000ec000
Module C:\WINDOWS\System32\imagehlp.dll, 00007FFE18410000:0001d000
Module C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CRYPTSP.dll, 00007FFE164E0000:00017000
Module C:\WINDOWS\system32\rsaenh.dll, 00007FFE15F10000:00033000
Module C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\bcrypt.dll, 00007FFE16610000:00025000
Module C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CRYPTBASE.dll, 00007FFE16500000:0000b000
Module C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_f5be1f8d25335236\nvwgf2umx.dll, 00007FFDC9490000:020af000
Module C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvspcap64.dll, 00007FFDDF820000:00244000
Module C:\WINDOWS\System32\NSI.dll, 00007FFE18760000:00008000
Module C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\dhcpcsvc.DLL, 00007FFE11260000:0001a000
Module C:\WINDOWS\System32\clbcatq.dll, 00007FFE18140000:000a0000
Module C:\WINDOWS\System32\MMDevApi.dll, 00007FFE10E90000:00076000
Module C:\WINDOWS\System32\PROPSYS.dll, 00007FFE13580000:001b4000
Module C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUDIOSES.DLL, 00007FFDE91F0000:0012c000
Module C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AVRT.dll, 00007FFE129C0000:0000a000
Module C:\WINDOWS\system32\mswsock.dll, 00007FFE16330000:00066000
Module C:\WINDOWS\system32\schannel.DLL, 00007FFE15E50000:00079000
Module C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\mskeyprotect.dll, 00007FFDF58A0000:00014000
Module C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ncrypt.dll, 00007FFE165E0000:00026000
Module C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\NTASN1.dll, 00007FFE165A0000:00036000
Module C:\WINDOWS\system32\ncryptsslp.dll, 00007FFDF58F0000:00021000
Call Stack:
Infinity Battlescape.exe!00007FF7D4259626() 00000000000C9626 00007FF7D4259626 ???(0)
Infinity Battlescape.exe!00007FF7D425A779() 00000000000CA779 00007FF7D425A779 ???(0)
ucrtbase.dll!seh_filter_exe() 000000000006CA23 00007FFE178ACA23 ???(0)
Infinity Battlescape.exe!00007FF7D45B3E37() 0000000000423E37 00007FF7D45B3E37 ???(0)
VCRUNTIME140.dll!_C_specific_handler() 000000000000C050 00007FFE013EC050 ???(0)
ntdll.dll!_chkstk() 000000000009ED2D 00007FFE1A83ED2D ???(0)
ntdll.dll!RtlWalkFrameChain() 0000000000006C86 00007FFE1A7A6C86 ???(0)
ntdll.dll!KiUserExceptionDispatcher() 000000000009DC5E 00007FFE1A83DC5E ???(0)
Infinity Battlescape.exe!00007FF7D425CA0B() 00000000000CCA0B 00007FF7D425CA0B ???(0)
Infinity Battlescape.exe!00007FF7D41A6DCB() 0000000000016DCB 00007FF7D41A6DCB ???(0)
Infinity Battlescape.exe!00007FF7D41E40E9() 00000000000540E9 00007FF7D41E40E9 ???(0)
Infinity Battlescape.exe!00007FF7D41E3CAD() 0000000000053CAD 00007FF7D41E3CAD ???(0)
Infinity Battlescape.exe!00007FF7D41CD482() 000000000003D482 00007FF7D41CD482 ???(0)
Infinity Battlescape.exe!00007FF7D4478E24() 00000000002E8E24 00007FF7D4478E24 ???(0)
Infinity Battlescape.exe!00007FF7D44792A5() 00000000002E92A5 00007FF7D44792A5 ???(0)
Infinity Battlescape.exe!00007FF7D447CD9D() 00000000002ECD9D 00007FF7D447CD9D ???(0)
Infinity Battlescape.exe!00007FF7D424266F() 00000000000B266F 00007FF7D424266F ???(0)
Infinity Battlescape.exe!00007FF7D456269B() 00000000003D269B 00007FF7D456269B ???(0)
KERNEL32.DLL!BaseThreadInitThunk() 0000000000013034 00007FFE17F83034 ???(0)
ntdll.dll!RtlUserThreadStart() 0000000000071461 00007FFE1A811461 ???(0)
Registers:
Could not print x64 registers!
System:
System time is 10/13/2018 14:40:40.
C:\Users\xxxxxx\AppData\Local\I-Novae Studios\Battlescape\Bin\Infinity Battlescape.exe, run by xxxxxxx
Operating system: Windows 10.
4 processor(s), type 8664.
Compiled in 64-bits: yes
55% memory in use.
8145 MBytes physical memory.
3635 MBytes physical memory free.
18917 MBytes paging file.
3527 MBytes paging file free.
134217728 MBytes user address space.
134202174 MBytes user address space free.
CPU(s) name from Windows registry: Intel® Core™ i5-6500 CPU @ 3.20GHz
Vendor: GenuineIntel
Number of CPUs: 4
CPU(s) speed: 3191 Mhz
Features1: FPU VME DE PSE TSC MSR PAE MCE CX8 SEP APIC MTRR PGE MCA CMOV PAT PSE36
Features2: MMX FXSR SSE SSE2
Features3: AMD3DNOW
Enumerating display adapters:
Description: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
Vendor ID: 0x10de
Device ID: 0x1c03
SubSys ID: 0x11d710de
Dedicated Video Memory: 6345981952 bytes
Dedicated System Memory: 0 bytes
Shared System Memory: 4270071808 bytes
Adapter Type: GPU
Description: Microsoft Basic Render Driver
Vendor ID: 0x1414
Device ID: 0x8c
SubSys ID: 0x0
Dedicated Video Memory: 0 bytes
Dedicated System Memory: 0 bytes
Shared System Memory: 4270071808 bytes
Adapter Type: Software
Yes, I need the log file too, thanks 
Hope this works… not tried it before. Let me know if you can’t access it.
Log file:
I changed the path for the installer to D: as it gave me a choice but no choice to d/load the game so it defaults to C: 
The package is always downloaded to %localappdata%. If that’s on your C:\ drive then it will always be downloaded to your C:\ drive. In a similar vein the installation registry, which contains the package cache, will always be in %localappdata% or Program Files. If those happen to be on your C:\ drive then your C:\ drive will always need to have enough space to store that data. You can install the launcher and game to other locations/drives but you cannot change where the installation packages or the installation registry get stored.
At the moment the full package is being cached. I will eventually optimize it so that only uninstallation instructions, which are a fraction of the size (a few hundred kb), are cached instead of the full package. Are you installing the launcher for just yourself or everyone? Are you installing the launcher to a different drive and then unable to install the game to a separate location?
Hi Keith my default download folder is on D: I’m installing just for myself the problem is I don’t have enough room to install on C:
Our application ignores your default download folder, it’s based on where you installed your OS and where it decided to put %localappdata% which is usually C:\. Our installation runtime does not require you to install the launcher or the game to C:\. Just the installation runtime itself, which is only ~1mb, and the package cache, which will be a few gb until I can implement the aforementioned optimization, are forced to be on C:\.
It’s possible there’s a bug in how the installation runtime calculates available space for a multi-drive installation and that’s the problem you’re running into? I’ll take a look at it to double check.
Some other thoughts on this patch:
Capital ships. I have spent some time flying them around and I do appreciate the improvements to aiming and firing. Being able to manually aim the large cannons is a godsend, particularly when strafing stations. However, as we know, flying at the same time becomes very difficult. Aiming at something can get quite difficult when you realise you forgot to centre the mouse before looking and the ship is slowly turning.
Controls I would like to try out for capital ships:
-
Default mouse function as freelook, both in 1st person and 3rd person viewing modes. Cannons follow this freelook as per current control scheme.
-
Pressing ‘Ctrl’ sets an orientation vector for the ship based on where the mouse is currently pointing. The ship then turns to that vector.
-
The ability to separately fire the auto-aiming point defence guns, and the manually-aimed main cannons. At the minute, there are times when I feel like I’m wasting ammo because they fire at the same time. Yes, I could deactivate them in the radial menu, but that’s a faff and not practical in the middle of combat.
An example to illustrate how it would work (in case I haven’t explained myself well).
You are flying a destroyer in an attack on an enemy station. Currently, you are diving ‘underneath’ the station (from your point of view) whilst firing upwards at modules on its surface. Your mouse controls where you look by default and therefore also where your main guns are aimed.
As you pass the station and begin to move away, you look up 90-degrees and press Ctrl (the current ‘Look’ function) - this could be a double press or long press even, to make it more deliberate.
Your HUD reticule flashes to acknowledge the command and your destroyer begins to pitch up to match the direction you selected. You can still control your speed of course as normal. While the ship is turning, you return to aiming and firing at the station. When the destroyer reaches the selected direction of travel, it stops turning and continues straight.
It might not be a perfect idea, but it tackles the aiming-vs-flying problem. I would like to test something like this out in a future patch to see if it works, or if it could be adapted to work.
You’ll be happy that the next iteration for capital ships / control scheme is coming next. At least after I recover from 2 weeks of intense work 
What control scheme have you chosen to implement?
We haven’t decided yet, but it’ll definitely be based on third-person and have independent movement versus targetting.
More pics:
Small bug report.
I didn’t think of getting a screenshot, so I can’t post it, but upon making a tactical withdraw from a one-sided fight, I got what seemed like the visuals of continuous fire coming from different angles. I escaped into warp, and the continuous fire was still there. Turning/rotating my ship didn’t change the angles of the firing relative to the screen. It wasn’t until a team announcement was made a minute or so later that the firing stopped. Every so often, especially during fights, the same pattern of firing popped up again, only to disappear a little while later. It made fights somewhat confusing.
I had some ‘flickering’ on the larger ship models. I didn’t experiment much with it, but I was running on medium settings.
Gameplay wise, again I spent most of my time in a corvette, almost exclusively in first person. I actually haven’t tried using third person for combat, but I would tend to think the corvette is too maneuverable to make full use of it for combat. I’ll defer that to somebody with more experience with third person.
I have come to rely heavily on the G key to target nearest. It’s really helpful when engaging a swarm of distracted interceptors. But I was caught multiple times by even just two interceptors that just focused fire on me, and I wasn’t able to do much. Shields and armour go down very quickly, even with shield focus. There were one or two times I was lucky enough to get them first, but more often than not, I was doomed. It could be just inexperience, lack of situation awareness or such, but given how chaotic the firefights can be sometimes, I still think that this is a valid point.
One of the biggest issues, in these situation, is that the time to react is very small, and it’s very difficult to target specific enemies, especially if they’re behind me. In a lot of these situations, the interceptors etc that were focusing on me weren’t the closest target, rendering that option worse than useless. If I press G when I’m under attack like that, I have to assume that whatever is targeted is what’s doing damage. I think adding a “Target Biggest Threat” button would be a very useful tool to have in this situation.
The game is a ton of fun. The new docking bay effects really add to the look of the game!
Some feedback:
- On the top score board the team bars should switch positions with each other. Its kinda confusing, the bars should stand next to each team and push out to the other team, and not inwards.
- The chat windows fades out too quickly for my taste, its easy to miss someone writing something.
- when automatic warp throttle is active in certain situations manually giving more throttle or breaking does the opposite of what I want it to do: For example when leaving a planet, pressing “faster” actually decreases the warp speed instead of adding speed ontop of the automatic warp speed.
- nuclear reactors on landbases should receive a boost in hitpoints, at least 200%, right now factories can easily be harvested with a single destroyer by just killing the reactor in the first few seconds and then blasting away the defenseless base. Maybe just having the station run on emergency energy (for example 30% of energy, less shooting) would be a solution.
- the carrier behaves very difficult in warp, I feel like the automatic warp throttling isn’t set correctly, when just flying to a planet, and not touching the throttle, the carrier just smashes into atmosphere, I had to always go out of warp early when arriving at a planet to not smack into it.
So the reason for that is that I wanted the mid white arrow indicator to move towards the winner. If the colors were swapped, it would instead be a “loser” indicator.
Yepp, the swapped sides are kind of confusing.
Im used to seeing the teams scores and percentages displayed on their sides. Like here for example
![]()
Id prefer to either get rid of the color or the indicator
Fun playing with so many people this time round. Although in total I had a worse experience then last time. Sure, partially because I was on the loosing team. I also predominantly played Corvette.
It’s really fun to get in and resupply teammates. Rushing to them felt good and manoeuvring to be in a good position felt good. The corvette is vulnerable, yes, but it’s also relatively nimble for its size, at least when it comes to translation …
Due to the horrendous situational awareness on corvette and up after playing two hours I was left in a quite annoyed state … like I described last time. Flying these ships with low rotational speed feels like being a horse that has blinds on and being hit continuously by the spurs of your jokey. (Sorry … the state of the situational awareness really makes me come up with these crazy analogies … the second time now. Ha).
As a corvette you benefit from being inside a furball, where you are hidden due to the amount of targets or close to cover, like a station hull. Both times having a advantage because targets are already near or only coming in from a certain angle.
If you get in close … the ability to see everything diminishes rapidly. On top of that you don’t need to manually aim in the corvette … making you feel like the field of view is much smaller than it should be because you don’t actually need to see or aim exactly where the enemy is, just know that it is there.
In a furball in 75% of cases you fire at targets that are outside your field of view. Without a fixed information panel you don’t know what you are targeting (because, like I described, the icon is the same for all ship classes once targetet). You don’t know how far away it is and how fast it goes … or if it’s close to death. Only indicator that you are hitting is the sound cues.
Same goes for incoming fire … most of the time no idea what is hitting you and how many targets are focused on you.
Fighting anything that wasn’t a one on one wasn’t exciting. It was overwhelming and struggling, like flaying around with a knife in a dark room (Sorry, did it again … wait I’m not actually sorry, it infuriates me). With the bigger ships you have some more time before you blow up and thus it isn’t as frustrating. In the corvette though … it just takes too long to understand what is going on before you are already dead … mostly because you didn’t realized that you flew towards a bunch of idle ships by accident or that a whole swarm of interceptors spawned in behind you
Maybe a radar will magically solve the problem. I know that I will probably only look at the radar from there on out though
Cockpit takes up much of the screen space. Third person is missing vital ship information and often the own ship is the way.
I’ve played for three hours and my credits hovered around 800 the whole time. We were actively defending and attacking continuously. We supported each other, moved as a group but also were met with NPC and player opposition that hindered us to take down many installations. None of us were able to afford a carrier once.
Sure we were a bit lower in players and many of our installations were destroyed early on … still it felt a bit harsh for the effort we were putting in. We fought trough a lot of enemies. Of course it would be nice to see if our efforts put a dent into the team pool of the enemy or if there just was no way we could have compensated for the early losses.
Sneaking off solo and sneaking in kills on installations seemed to be much more effective compared to what Green team was doing during the event today. Coordinating and trying to attack as a team.
That doesn’t seem like something that should be the case. The game should encourage fun gameplay. Sneaking trough should be rewarded for sure … but not in a way that it is so obviously superior.
It seems like the current meta is to grind up to a destroyer. The scatter, find the next ground installation and once there you make back the money back a couple of times very easily. I guess it would be even more time effective to blow up the destroyed once the installation is dealt with and then just get a new one.
Don’t want to force a certain type of balance here because I’m salty we lost. Ha. Just stating my exeperience. Loosing should be an alright fun. And it was fun … just, like described, felt like a slog, especially knowing that all we had to do is use that sneak trough tactic once to get a carrier … I preferred to try to play a match trough as cohesive force though. Well that was the result of that.
Land installations should get some artillery turrets.
I know the word was that capitals may not be able to enter atmosphere in the future but I really wouldn’t like to see that happen, that freedom and possibility of fun tactics be remove (hidden defensive destroyer in canyon? Anyone?). There already is not much incentive in entering atmospheres with capitals. They become slow and it takes many minutes to enter and exit them … making ships inside immobile forces. This also applies to carriers … sure the spawnpoint will be closer … but it will take many minutes for the carrier to get out again.
Not only is it problematic as it slows down the advance of a capital ship force … but also makes it virtually impossible for a cohesive force to retreat.
The only incentive for capitals to go down to planet right now is because … for some reason … land bases are much less defended by turrets than Stations are. Some stations have dozens of turrets with very good cover and angles … making it hard for ships to come in at any angle.
Land bases you can come in at a very steep angle and only one or two small turrets might fire at you.
The awesome power of a single capital thus then easily and unopposed can wipe out land instillation in minutes before any response can be met.
With the addition of some artillery turrets, defending bombers spawning closeby as well as the future addition of shields capitals have to think about descending towards land bases by their own or at all. It will be a tactical or even strategic decision to do so or not. With pros and cons. Interesting.
I feel like there should be a minimum defence that can fend off single ships for long enough that additional defences can arrive or so that the attackers have to coordinate and/or think of fancy tactics.
I also think there’s still something off about the corvette and (to a certain extent) the destroyer.
What has been described about feeling helpless when attacked by a couple of interceptors is exactly my experience too. There’s a level of frustration, particularly with the corvette, although with the repair/rearm mechanic at least you have an extra purpose now.
However, I had the opposite experience when I was the interceptor. There was a big battle with the enemy attacking my station, including 2 players in destroyers. I kept targeting the destroyers hoping I could harrass them long enough to make them withdraw, but got repeatedly annihilated, even at high speed. Even the bomber was frustrating because I launched some torpedoes but had no idea if it had done much. Then I would die again.
I think we definitely need more HUD feedback on our damage to target. Doesn’t need to take up much screen space but we need something. That way we’ll be clearer about what we’ve achieved!
The current problem is that the winning team starts getting large advantages to the point where the loosing team can only recover if the winners start getting bored. If you want a game where there’s some hope for the losing team to recover you need to limit how much of an advantage the winners can get(They already have an advantage of coordination, skill, luck or tactics because they are winning). We need some economic equalizing in this house!
Instating a maximum credit limit for players is a good idea, do not allow people to float more money than what it takes to get a carrier so that loosing big ships actually hurts instead of a situation where a guy might be floating 8k and spamming cruisers without any care to what happens to them.
Also the loosing team should at some point start getting credit bonuses for kills so that they can more effectively defend.
Other ideas that limit the maximum advantage a winning team can get could be devised.
Here are some of my thoughts on what I saw in the game thus far as well as some general thoughts and feelings.
The general feeling, despite the fact that the game is, ATM, very rough around the edges, is very positive. The combat is quite… strange, but it’s a good kind of strange. I like the fact that big ships are incredibly slow and clunky compared to the smaller ones, which is excellent for variety. The sense of scale is also there, and the battles are massive (good thing there are NPCs in case there aren’t enough players). Visually the ships are interesting and I like them a lot already - with proper texturing those can end up feeling absolutely fantastic. There’s some standard “beta-level” pop-in when, for example, swapping between spawn point (especially for planetary bases), but nothing unexpected really.
I know the UI is in early stages, but it’s VERY confusing to join the red team as a new player and expect to fire on green targets. Yes, it’s super simple once you realize this, but before this moment of “oooh, I’m actually on the RED team” it’s very unintuitive to have the red triangles be friendly and green hostile. Also, finding the next battle was sometimes a bit annoying - the mission readout says to join a battle at place XYZ, but it takes a while to actually get a feeling for where things are.
It’s also very weird to spawn in a station which is… exploding? Especially given this was literally the first spawn of mine in the game - I thought there’s a battle outside! 
My biggest complaint is that, outside of joining massive battles and fighting enemies there’s no clear overarching goal beyond “kill everything in sight”. If there was one, I certainly missed it and the UI didn’t help out. Yes, there are haulers one can try and destroy - assuming one has a ship big enough to stop them, that is. Did I miss something else? On a few occasions there were notifications that my team completed an objective or failed to complete an objective, but I couldn’t pin down what it was we were supposed to do and how I was supposed to know about it.
Progression and credits are a bit weird as well - I’m still not sure if I get credits for kills or just for being in the game. I’ve seen hauler messages (i.e. generated credits for the team), but my balance seemed to be 0. Or I seemed to get credits whilst in transit to another fight. Generally - I bet the rules for this are super easy and I’m overthinking it, but these aren’t apparent from playing the game. That said, there are plenty of “how do I do XYZ” situations the game doesn’t explain, which I hope would end up in a tutorial, manual or provided with a better UI in the final game. Here are some of these “how do I do XYZ” things:
- how do I repair? (find nearest repair ship / docking)
- where’s the nearest battle?
- what do the various formation modes do?
- what’s flight assist? (I think it stops one from spinning, right?)
- what’s the main factor that speeds up / slows down my ship turning rate? (just speed?)
- how do turrets work? why would I ever not use all weapons on a destroyer?
- what EXACTLY does overcharging do (is it a boost to one system at the expense of all others, or something else)?