Awesomes of the Internets

seems like yesterday we played Slipstream 5000on PCs
and now we almost play it for real :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ted talks are awesome in general, however this one was particularly moving.

2 Likes

I’ve seen it before but I agree 100%. Hadfield is a pretty awesome guy. I have that book he wrote but I haven’t gotten around to reading it yet.

He’s been doing some great work with Adam Savage on Tested.com as well. While he was in space and also lately at conventions etc.

2 Likes

Robotic surgery linked to 144 deaths in the US
http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-33609495
There coming to get us!!!

Transparent solar panels, could make it into your watch, smartphone or window…

4 Likes

Real NASA video of the Moon orbiting around Earth.

5 Likes
6 Likes
5 Likes

Tesla Motors prototype robot charger.

7 Likes

I keep seeing all these chargers that plug into a socket where we expect a gas cap to be. Why don’t they put something on the floor that the car catches on as it parks? Just park your car and you’re done.

Like the third rail that is used for subways, London’s electric buses use electric plates on the street to charge iirc.

I however would prefer a little robot to do the job, as for practical reasons, it might have something to do with mobility, safety and marketability.

That will be the end goal no doubt, but I think Tesla has the approach of having a few familiar elements in these early models that help people comprehend that electric cars aren’t that different from a petrol one.

One day… :smiley:

3 Likes

Disappointed in myself that I haven’t posted this yet

3 Likes

I have no idea what that’s about but I like it :smiley:

Here’s one I came across on another forum.
360 video of a P51 with an F22 Raptor in formation
(click and drag to pan around)

I’ve just had a thought…could this kind of video be possible for video games? Instead of loading up the game, you can just watch from youtube. Plus it would be quite impressive when used for Infinity.

4 Likes

Yes. It’s just a large video file with some extra metadata in it.

1 Like

at 0:33 you can see my physical dayjob location building, which is an old graintower converted into an office building :wink:

Abbotsford international airshow, I volunteer as security with my girlfriend every year. I was sat about 50 feet from the f-22 on the ground, :slight_smile: twas a good time.

6 Likes

There’s an election coming up in Canada…

5 Likes

I’m not even in Canada and I want to vote for that guy!

Also…speaking earlier of 360 game videos, Scott Manley just posted one :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes


pretty great footage

2 Likes