Art Challenges for Infinity Fan Art (Challenge 4 - An Infinity Short Story - Ended! - Winner: ThornEel!)

Still sticking with flat design mostly. But I have experimented with some subtle effects.

A simplified version:

OR

A more detailed version but without the top line as well:

(I just remembered that I can use the elements on the template so I don’t need to take a screenshot of the bg image in place :wink: )

EDIT:

Leaning towards the complex one now that the pillars got more detail and the top line is gone.

P.S. You can test it out here and see how it works in various screen sizes by squeezing the browser window. Imo pretty well :wink:

1 Like

A lot of good things here, keep it up ! :wink:

I like the earth continents in the circle.

The User Card bg:

It was 590px wide after all, although it’s displayed in 580… Gotta change the template too.

I suggest moving the deadline with one more month. With the purpose of perhaps getting more people to design more than just the logo part of the competition.

(accidentally posted this into the OG thread… and now it doesn’t let me post it here without some filler text)…

I rather have us decide what logo should be selected (e.g the winner of this) and then have that person flash out the rest instead of everyone having to advance to that level.

O jeah and I didn’t forget (xcept last weekend … when I did) this. My entry will come.

1 Like

Well… what if that person loses interest or lacks time after designing the logo? Finishing the package into a usable asset set for the future use of OG should be considered as an important factor when deciding who to vote. At least it will affect my vote.

This is after all a competition for a complete graphical identity. I would hope to see the participants offer their vision of the whole package. And voters would choose between those complete packages. Of course participants might have a different vision of what that package consists of (just a logo and a few heading graphics or a complicated package with dozens of different items).

I understand the point of trying to minimize “unnecessary work”, but hopefully participants will enjoy the process even if their set won’t be selected in the end.

Looking forward to see your entry :slight_smile:

Maybe we get another winner by default, great work Lucas, you got my vote so far. :slight_smile:

I will extend the deadline to May.

I really liked @BenThuro’s attempt but with only one variation im not sure.

1 Like

Status update… I decided to go with the last ‘owl’ design as the final design. Tuned it and made two 3d versions.
Colours will be added only in the final submission :wink: The’heart’ shape on the 2nd version came out by accident and I like it quit a lot as it could represents us, the community members who love this project!

16 Likes

I’ll have another look at it soon. Just had a change in worklife, so not much time anymore to do other things in the office anymore :]

Really liking the top left.

Not a huge fan of the 3D versions, although the 3D effects are very nicely done.

Just a suggestion for the flat version, you’d already done it on the 3D variant. Feels a bit more friendly to me with an eye.

2 Likes

I like them, but I still see CG, not OG, particularly in the flat versions.

Go Coast Guard!

I like the top left one the most, though the bottom right’s 3D effect is very neat.

I really like the the down right. Verry stylish!

What if you got rid of the top tip of the diagonal square in the background? It would make it look more like an owl AND a heart shape.

And I like the darker background in Crayfish’s version ( I guess I’m biased towards a more flat design, which is why I am aiming more towards that my self).

Not sure about the eye inside the O shape.

edit: although it balances the design a lot now that I look at it again

Edit2:

Edit 3;
By the way… the shield looks like the body of the owl!

3 Likes

hmm i think its that split of the 8
If the upper part of the 8 was in foreground it could brake the illusion of it being letter C. (look at it mirrored)
We do read from top to bottom and left to right. (most of us that is)

By the way it looks great man.

@LucasFIN, you still alive? :smile:

2 Likes

Still kickin’. Been a little busy :wink:

What’s the status with the other contestants?

1 Like