An update on the status of the Kickstarter

Would be nice if INS had $1mil to spend on a 1:30min trailer.

I’m not sure why we are even comparing Star Citizen and Elite Dangerous with Infinity with those kind of money sums involved…

People are already bitching about ED and SC, how are they gonna behave towards IBS that can only hope for a fractional amount of funding?

Just how many hours worth of work have gone into the I-Novae engine now? If you count all that, whatever trailer gets made for the Kickstarter, it’s probably getting close to that price. Well, on paper at least. :smile:

3 Likes

If we count from 2010 when we changed gears from the MMO, I would say a good estimate is ~15-17,000 total hours have gone into the project since 2010. Developing/prototyping the engine, the tools, art style, art pipeline etc. The amount of $$ is mainly in the form of lost wages, as well as some out of pocket expenses.

3 Likes

Fair enough. Just hope BS is successful enough to allow your team to grow to something that is able to compete a bit better Vs those other big titles.

do you plan to expand the team of INS ? If, yes, how many members do you imagine/hope for your project (grosso modo) ?

If we only get the min funding not all of us will be able to get immediate monetary compensation, so the current team will mostly be contract/part-time/free-time like we have been over the past years, with only 2-3 current team members working fulltime. We will certainly not be expanding unless our KS goes crazy.

1 Like

With the right exposure, and a good sized starting audience I’m hoping we can make that happen. :wink:

Might have to start enlisting minions…

1 Like

Let’s hope you make out better than their prior masters.

3 Likes

Wouldn’t that mean that INS would have to be an evil organization?!? :cry:

I think I speak for everyone when I say that it doesn’t matter, as long as we get our dream game.

3 Likes

The Minions aren’t inherently evil, they’re just drawn to villains. They stuck with Gru after he started becoming all soppy and soft.

2 Likes

Speaking of minions, my kid had a Minion Rush event day at school today. :smiley:

3 Likes

So… were the kids the minions running through sub-deadly traps in an infinite obstacle course, or were they playing the game?

I need to know… for science.

2 Likes

They were the Minions, with little Minion beanies on their heads, running around a non-deadly obstacle course, pre-school stuff, very cute. :smile:

I would post pictures, but this is the Internet…

4 Likes

Of course they will be.
To quote Yahtzee Croshaw : “…always support independence, at least until they start making money, the soulless sellout fu…” :laughing:

2 Likes

What kind of evil is necessary to produce such a though to force upon children. Not to mention, why the hell was I correct in my guess of them being kids dressed up as minions doing this stuff… my insanity knows no bounds.

1 Like

Meanwhile, three years ago: we plan to have the kickstarter out sometime this year, hopefully.

I’ll believe all of this is actually going to happen this time when I see it…

1 Like

We expanded the scope of our campaign a bit since then, hopefully it’ll pay off =).

4 Likes

Since you didn’t mention it in the blog, any chance later in the future you could go into whatever happened in mid 2014?

You went from “we’re releasing the Kickstarter in 2-3 months” and having a video ready except for some editing, to delaying it by one year (or more). Not asking you to be accountable or anything, you’re all obviously doing everything on your own dime atm, but I’m genuinely curious as to what would cause a delay that big or cause you to underestimate your schedule that much.

1 Like

We’ve stopped giving estimates precisely for that reason. No delays so to speak, just trying to put together the best and most complete package for a successful KS as fast as we can possibly manage while trying to keep semi healthy.

2 Likes