All aboard the HypePlane for the rings video/kickstarter!

that is rather good question.

If i remeber correctly your fan base was able to make pretty amazing ships.
Don’t be shy and tell us what exactly you want to see.

I would guess there might be few amatuers and perhaps some profesional editor around here somewhere. (not talking about myself, i can do only basic stuff)

Or they might know someone…

Yesterdays Astronomy Picture of the Day reminded me of the Discussion we had 30 post or so ago:

1 Like

Can you believe this thread was made 1 month ago and the video isn’t out yet?
Time flies.

Ive been following this for a few years now and I have to say: Im not surprised of the video not being out yet… All they ever tell us these days seems to be a bunch of excuses why nothing happens…

But, ill still keep checking back here to see if there actualy is something … well … to see :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

It’s not so much excuses as actually running into real life issues, I’m all in favor for not announcing anything going forward and just releasing when it’s 100% done.

5 Likes

As long as the team doesn’t go totally silent I’m ok with it.
I stopped waiting for stuff I-Novae announces long ago. It isn’t a negative thing and these delays don’t really affect my stand towards the project. It’s just emotionally easier to not wait and expect but to just hang out on the forums and see what comes on a day to day basis (or month to month, year to year … like some others do).
What is needed are just some posts or tweets to let us know you’r still there. Don’t really need to be about the project. But that’s already working good as it is.

TL/DR: I agree with you Andre.

2 Likes

Aye.

Even if there’s no project updates to give, it’s nice to be able to chat with you guys about other semi-related or even unrelated stuff.

Just don’t be strangers :smile:

At the very least, that would quiet down critics and stop giving people the opportunity to accuse the game as vaporware. I get tired of reading how other space games have been released and therefore Infinity doesn’t have a chance of success. What originally appealed to me about Infinity were those old blog entries that Flavien used to write. Now that they aren’t being written anymore, it’s hard for new fans to comprehend the algorithm within the engine and how much greater of a difference exists when compared to those other space simulation games. Hopefully Keith uncovers the inside workings of the engine in detail so the world can see the true contrast between I-Novae Studios’ technology and these other software engines.

3 Likes

Even if it’s something small like ‘Fixed X that was causing problems on Y’.

I do hope we see the Kickstarter in 2014, but I’ll be understanding if it has to be pushed back. That being said, I feel that if your video truly is as good as you say it is, it doesn’t have to be rendered in a super high quality to impress people. I’m sure a simple 1080p WMA render would do just fine.

The delay is primarily being caused by my recent move across the US and the guy who was going to do the production work on our video footage flaking. I recorded the footage a day before I moved and made it available to him however he hasn’t done anything with it. In the subsequent 3 weeks my life has been quite hectic as I get settled into a new residence, and city.

I’ll probably end up buying final cut pro and processing the video myself.

4 Likes

Why are you moving to one of the most expensive cities in the world a few months before the KS that is supposed to pay for your living expenses, NYC sure is exciting, but is it really a good decision for INS and I:B?

4 Likes

Why do you care? I mean, your selfish question could be replied to with a million answers. I want to play Infinity, not listen to the guy expose his life story and as to why he has moved to a particular place.

I care because he could work for twice as long from basically anywhere in the US for the same amount of money.

Lower living expenses means less money needed to finish the project. I don’t care about the reasons for the move. I do care about how far the money I give will actually get the project.

Edit: It’s a personal question, but asking people for money to complete your project is also pretty personal no?

The fact that the move may lessen the chances of Infinity’s success should make you care. All you want to do is play Infinity, but you can’t play Infinity if it doesn’t exist!

Please try to be more mature like the rest of the members of this community.

But in turn negelecting all persanal reasons Keith might have had to move and just concentrating on “all you want to do” isn’t nice ether.

I’m on nether side.

Asking those questions is ok though and shouldn’t immediately be connected with speculations of the motivation of the person who’s asking the question. Most people don’t hold extreme opinions anyway (as in only caring for their own needs or only caring for the needs of others).

I’m happy that that question came up because I didn’t think of it. It made me evaluate how I stand towards such a decision when factoring in upcoming obligations. That was interesting.

As said I’m on nether side. I support the notion that the change in price conditions should always be considered, Especially when leading a business with big plans like I-Novae does.
On the other hand, separating work and free time / private live is key to a healthy and happy life, in my opinion, and there need to be borders where one should be able to influence the other.

*<*bonus personal opinion/>
In the end I always favor personal decision and will. First we aren’t Keith and don’t know the necessary information to evaluate such a decision and secondly it isn’t a decision that is purely logical and has only one right answer. In fact it’s a question that most of us would decide differently for probably all different reasons, and that may be also a good sign that this is a decision that everyone should also have the right to do for themselves without having to consider anything else then themselves. He still can elaborate of course, and Keith might.
As in my last sentence I respect Keith’s decision no matter if he thought how that might influence I-Novae or not.

At first I didn’t know if I should write that last paragraph. I discuss after all something that I find, as I elaborated, pretty personal matter, and some people don’t like it if their personal matter is discussed at all … but as it would be pretty difficult to lay out my standpoints on the borders of personal matter without discussing the matter at hand …
Just my thoughts, don’t want to step on anyones feet. That’s what I’m tiring to say. :smile:
</bonus personal opinion>

Still hyped … in my backtrack kind of way. :airplane: :train2: :bus: :car: :bicyclist:

3 Likes

I don’t think it’s that deep @Lomsor, he got a job offer with a very nice $$ amount and just couldn’t resist :wink:

The fact that he moved across the country for this job, leaves me with the impression that he will be staying there for at least a few months, what this means for I:B and KS, I’m not too sure.

who do you think you are, that you think your f***ed up game which he is developing for you has to affect his real life in a way, that he is not allowed to do what he wants with the money, he works for???

Really… there is a real life next to the computer. Left and right of your screen. Even behind it!!!

Relax dude.