All aboard the HypePlane for the rings video/kickstarter!

The HypeoSphere is the most amazing thing I’ve ever seen.

All aboaaaaaard for imminent reentry into the hypeosphere!

I really only want to laugh at this because, as a cinematographer, I know that there is not light that is truly “white”.

Every range of electromagnetic radiation within the “visible light spectrum” is a color. Be it the orange-Tungsten of 2600K or the blue-sunlight of 6500K, it’s colored. Yeah we call 5000K a “true white” and when it comes to color temperature, you’d be hard pressed to argue against it, but at the end of the day, when we observe this radiation, do we care?

The perception of white light in the human eye is very similar to that to the white-balance on a digital camera.
It adapts.
Put on orange sunglasses for an hour, and you’ll start to think it fairly white unless you concentrate against it. Take it off an suddenly everything looks so blue!
Yes the reflected wavelengths coming off of materials do change when the color temperature changes, as blue objects reflect a higher percentage of the available light when under a blue light, and subsequently appear more saturated… But the human eye only barely cares.
After a few minutes it will adapt and and rationalize “That wall is supposed to be white. Sure the light hitting it is blue, but I know it’s supposed to be white. My brain will now conform so that is white in my perception.” Just like video cameras with “Auto White Balance” turned on…

Are blue stars blue? Yeah sure,
Is flourescent horridly green? Yup.
But does the human eye care after a few minutes? Not really.

It may not be developers intent, but in my mind, that’s why “Red stars usually give off a whitish light in games”

Does this mean I want Infinity to have an adaptive visual spectrum-rectification? Well, not really, since my eyes will do it a bit for me anyway (even through a computer monitor) But it WOULD be kinda nifty :wink:

InovaeKeith’s Twitter
IT’S ALMOST HERE! ALL ABOARD THE HYPEPLANE!

2 Likes

I just realized that Eberron runs on Hype:

I think this thread runs on hyper hype.

1 ticket to Battlescape aboard the HypePlane please. I confirm I possess all necessary excitement and general anticipation.

1 Like

Does anybody know the hold up this time? 11 days since the recording of the video.
Its probably the blogpost that will accompany it taking too long, but still, 11 days…

I don’t think I have to remind anyone this, but the clock is ticking here.

1 Like

Well, as the article stated, a lot of the big name games have come and gone already. Hopefully, with enough marketing, this project will really kick off.

1 Like

Hopefully!

1 Like

Rightfully!!!

Hype Hype HYPE! :airplane: :train2: :bus: :earth_africa: :sunny:

1 Like

A combination of me moving across the country (to NYC) and our video guy flaking out thereby requiring me to either find a new one or do it myself. Doing it myself is currently the most likely option however… I just moved across the country. It has been kind of a perfect storm. The raw video, recorded at 3k in all 16gb of its uncompressed rgb glory, is currently sitting on my HDD waiting to be processed and released =(.

2 Likes

I’d suggest: Get Adobe Premiere, cut on beat and don’t use transitions :slight_smile: That shouldn’t take too long… (maybe 10 hours or less)

Just release all of it. Convert to mp4 and upload! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Thanks for the answer. What I don’t understand is why no one else in the team could have helped with that.

Will there be any cuts/transitions or is it going to be a continuous and seamless shot like the 2010 techdemo?

We are aiming for higher quality videos for this rings video (and ultimately the KS video) when compared to past videos we have released. Basically, the rings video was an audition for this guy to hopefully impress us and then proceed on with the processing of the KS video. We’d rather not do the KS video ourselves, as no one on the team yet has the skills to attain the quality we desire (nor the time to learn tbh, we’re extremely busy). We may be forced to do this rings video ourselves however.

1 Like

What exactly does “higher quality” mean?
Sure there are a lot of quirks when it comes to KS but there choreography and right timing is key. The actual technical part of cutting the video together adding the music that was decided in advance and compressing it is something that a more experience or skilled cutter or Video all rounder guy can do faster but not necessarily a “lot” better. Most importantly is the cinematography when the actual footage is recorded and, to me, it sounds like that’s in your hands at the moment.
I guess time is the problem here …

Anyway. Isn’t there a plan B? Another guy or gal that might be quite as good?

We are looking into that yes.

1 Like

So…

…

…

…

4K resolution? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would almost say nay to 4k. That’s because I would have to spend the 800$ to buy a 4k monitor…

Top lel :smiley: