2017 Predictions and News (casual thread)

I agree, trump-like idiocy doesn’t work in europe. The election endresult was still pretty impressive though, but I honestly thought she would get even more votes (in light of the terror attacks). I guess If she continues her path to become more mainstream and moderate, she will be even more dangerous in the next elections (depending on the terror situation).
They really need to step up their anti-terrorism efforts or european right wing parties will surge in popularity even more, its happening here (in germany) too.

1 Like

I have absolutely idea what to expect from the UK General Election now. Polling agencies are running the gamut between hung Parliament and Tory landslide. I think a bunch of agencies have overcompensated for 2015, but I don’t really know to what extent that might have happened.

Surprisingly enough, terror was not her main vote booster. Not unlike Trump, it is the disenfranchised populations who were left behind by economic transitions and have pretty much no hope nor future but misery and unemployment. It is not an unfixable situation, but if the new government doesn’t break the trend of catastrophic incompetence there, she will do much better in the next election.
Then again, many things can happen in that span, so the state of emergency will allow for a silent transition toward a bureaucratic dictatorship with a veneer of democracy / a particularly bloody string of terror attacks will empower a far-left splinter of the nationalist party / a simmering war with Russia will slowly escalate to uncontrollable levels / the multiple conflicts in the Middle Est will evolve into the conflagration later known as the Second Thirty Years War / a relatively cheap industrial process to make metastable metallic hydrogen will suddenly completely change the balance of power, economics and make a general mess / a diplomatic mission from the Galactic Council will land, kindly offering help to sort the giant mess that is Earth so we can be fit to join them in time our interstellar capabilities develop - or else / the Magical World suddenly realizes that technology has evolved beyond the hoe and is now terrifyingly powerful, deciding to go for a pre-emptive decapitation strike / Hell and Heaven finally decide to duke it out, forcing Humankind to flee Earth for outer space with the help of defectors from both side - but can they all be trusted? / the ageless Serpent Men rise from their deep, secret underground world and start peacefully commercing with humankind, bringing an unprecedented age of peace and prosperity - but what were they fleeing?

Also August will be kind of rainy, but I’m not quite sure yet.

1 Like

Wow, now that you’ve blown my plans I’ll have to come up with something new. >:(…

1 Like

Noooooooooo! We want all the sunshine! Although possibly I live in the wrong country for that. Having said that, it’s quite nice out now!