There are a lot of hosters specialized in gaming too, that’s never been a problem in most of Online games to find a server to play on.
@Cyc
I haven’t had such good experiences (admittedly a few years ago), when I used to play Source-based multiplayer games. Occasionally you could find a decent host, but often not (all the low-ping ones being full), so I’d end-up having to pick a server in say Russia (which is very far from me), and put up with a poor ping. And any server that someone was running themselves was ALWAYS horribly laggy.
I’m reaching out to a couple youtubers that I watch that might be interested so hopefully something comes out of that as well.
I know about it, keep refreshing kicktraq… 
I think you’re over-expecting the daily amount.
I’ll start worrying after seeing the figures after the end of the month, and most importantly when nearing the end of the kickstarter.
Keith has nailed some of the points: Ideas for the Kickstarter
So yeah, no need to worry yet… but one can still be concerned about it. Try to spread the word best as you can. Reaching the minimum goal is not bad, but going above is good (and for 1M that would be excellent ^^).
Ok guys, you should stop looking at Kicktraq, it’s not going to give you an accurate estimate until more data has been collected, and even then it doesn’t take all events during the campaign into account.
Also, that amount is more than double our minimum funding goal still. Please try not to panic, we’re still here and still working to succeed. The best way you can help is to continue to spread the word, and correct any misinformation about the project.
Exactly! It’s only been what, three days? Ok it may not be what we hoped for but we have time.
If we had three days left and it was like this then that would be a cause for concern but we don’t so worry not! 
And keep the panic out of the public sphere. It’s bad press imo. If you absolutely need to panic use Discord for it maybe? 
Or scream into a pillow, I hear that helps 
@Hutchings
You apparently didn’t look at the page I linked to, and just assumed I was talking about the estimated final amount. I was NOT. The page I linked to shows how-many/amount-of pledges there have been each day, and it’s dropped exponentially every day. Pretty much as I expected from my earlier reading of Kickstarter comments (see earlier post).
BTW, Kicktraq’s estimated final amount is (IMHO) wildly inaccurate. With the current pledge drop-off, I’m worried that you’ll even manage to make it to your minimum funding goal (unless you manage to get lots of new blood from your PR initiatives - something I’m still crossing my fingers on, but I’m posting here to emphasis how important that is).
Yes there have been a big drop, but only starting a few hours ago:
![]()
http://sidekick.epfl.ch/campaign/995551135-infinity-battlescape
Until then it was going … ok … with just a small drop.
In the end we are, still, not long enough in the campaign to see how it plays out. But it allows to see us, if the actions we take have any effect.
What would really help would to know the total amount of unique views to the total amount of pledges, that would give as a real estimated of the quality of the Kickstarter at the moment.
I think those stats are available to the devs, but not really sure how useful they are if there is nothing to compare against. Maybe @INovaeFlavien could give us some insight without dumping raw data?
[quote=“Lomsor, post:180, topic:1111”]
Yes there have been a big drop, but only starting a few hours ago:[/quote]
Sorry to be rude, but what on earth are you talking about? Your graph is of how a PREDICTION has changed over time (and those predictions are near useless when you have highly non-linear pledging). The page I linked to is actual pledges over time.
I’m talking about the Pledge graph, not the prediction, which is also, but not exclusively, fed by the pledge data.
Kicktraq doesn’t show enough tracking this early. I posted a graph that does. When you go to the Sidekick site you can hover over the image and get the pledge amount for every hour. That’s the data I wanted to share here and based on that data I made an assumption.
![]()
Today, I’ve had 5 of my steam friends/contacts reply to me this morning (Sat 24th GMT) saying they have now pledged. And one person from a post I made on the STEAM Greenlight game ‘Routine’ thread I was replying to. here:
https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/92985806/483368526568400765/#c483368526576886395
Its not a massive impact. I continue to try. Sat late PM and Sunday might be a good day.
You’re better off contacting the dev team directly at contact@inovaestudios.com, Sean. I believe that they are currently inundated with emails and comments so, they may just miss a request like this in a random thread. At least, on the dedicated email address, it’s going to the right place.
Attempting to answer the question itself, I don’t think there would be any issue with your request anyways as any publicity is welcome. But, don’t take my word for that aofc! xD
Speaking of which, one of the first things INS should do after the KS succeeds is get in touch with the big game hosting companies like Multiplay and work with them on the server software so that they can support hosted servers by the time the game launches.
@Lomsor
Sorry, I overlooked that… but from my POV it just shows the same thing that the Kicktraq page I linked to shows, albeit in a different way & with finer granularity (however I don’t see that better granularity helps). If you cumulatively add-up the daily pledges from the Kicktraq page, it will produce the graph you showed (except per day rather than per hour).
They both show the same thing, which is that pledges have slowed to a trickle. They MIGHT increase again, especially if media coverage increases - certainly I hope so. However at the current time it looks VERY different to the daily pledging that (for example) the successful Everspace saw:
(It’s daily pledges never dropped below 1/3 of the average pledging needed to succeed. We still need to see today’s total for Infinity, but it needs to average 10k per day, so shouldn’t drop below 3.3k per day to be comparable to Everspace. Fingers crossed!)
I will add that, having done the above calculation, things aren’t (yet) bad. It could easily still get (barely) funded, but smashing any stretch goals currently looks unlikely (IMHO - and pending any PR/media boost).
That would be ok if we had more days allready. With this few points it’s hard to try to see a patern, more points help with that.