Infinity Battlescape Media Mega Thread

Yeah, that article was a *tad* uninformed.

2 Likes

[quote=ā€œjoshuakuehn, post:42, topic:1163, full:trueā€]
Look, I did a thing!
[/quote]That’s gorgeous! I love the bloom effect on the horizon. More Gifs more gifs! I’ll hit the ground running this Thursday after my mid-term. I have some experience with making gifs, so I can do a few and post them on twitter, etc.

Note that images must be 3MB in order to be attached to a tweet. Maybe use HTML5/gfycat for twitter?

2 Likes

I used Imgur’s [Make-A-Gif][1] on a [video][2] by @celroid to capture that amazing shot.
[1]: http://imgur.com/vidgif
[2]:Battlescape Videos (During KS)

1 Like

Oh malarkey, that’s super easy!

Oh yeah, it took not even a minute. With tools like these, anybody and their kid sister can make things.

1 Like

Only now?

There are so many other good reasons

[DSO Gaming article][1] (it’s short)
[cliqist article][2] bit longer…
[1]:http://www.dsogaming.com/videotrailer-news/infinity-battlescape-new-video-introduces-players-to-its-gameplay-mechanics-part-1/
[2]:http://cliqist.com/2015/10/25/infinity-battlescape-gives-no-mans-sky-serious-competition/

1 Like


Found this video

2 Likes

I guess I can post the Station Fly-through video here as well.

//NVM I just figured out that this forum is very intelligent and automagically embed the video if you just post the link barebone…

Please don’t multipost. Just pick one topic that best suits your point.

1 Like

Please email mailto:alice@rockpapershotgun.com. of rock paper shotgun who wrote the vaporware article…if she would like to test the prototype and then rewrite her experiences

obviously she would not. The article was supposed to do exactly what it did. She probably has no intererest in testing the prototype, she has no obligation to inovae studios because they haven’t payed RPS for good publicity, and she knows she can push I-novae around, and I-novae can only curl up into a ball. this is not actually bad journalism, it just looks like it. It’s intentional, and meant to create controversy.

Please don’t email her, that’s border line harassment. If you have issues with the article keep it in the comments on that article. Sites like RPS like a bit of controversy and the amount of comments on an article is a metric of public engagement for them. They are more likely to continue to cover stories with high engagement.

6 Likes

Hutchings already sent her an email no need for anyone else to do anything with that article.

3 Likes

I wasn’t going to do anything alone. Don’t worry about that…Media are tricky beasts!

It’s interesting just typing ā€œInfinity Battlescapeā€ into Google and scrolling through the list of websites that mention it - it’s quite a lot! And there are plenty of big names in there. So keeping the discussions going will be the important thing, as well as trying to infiltrate new frontiers!

I-Novae’s influence is expanding, but that doesn’t mean we stop pushing!

2 Likes

I’ve got to say guys I wasn’t expecting this sort of a positive response (or any response really) to that video i scraped together. But then again I’m thinking it’s not the video i amateurishly put together but the beauty that Infinity: Battlescape has to offer combined with that epic song which does all the magic.

Edit: For a good video I suggest you guys check out @Lomsor 's video below. He did an amazing job.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrxC8gmMZpM

6 Likes

Lomsor’s video turned out bad ass! Nice!

Updating the OP with his video and Scott Manley’s video. BTW we don’t need a new forum thread for every video that gets put out. You guys can make it easier to browse the forums by simply posting them in the video thread or here. :smile:

2 Likes

Sorry about that, I just know that everyone has been waiting for the Scott Manley vid so thought it was worthy of a separate thread.

Hehe I’m just offering one person’s opinion :smile: