Tzedakah Class Destroyer
A couple of side views. Almost ready to try and take on the bottom.
![]()
![]()
Tzedakah Class Destroyer
A couple of side views. Almost ready to try and take on the bottom.
![]()
![]()
Ah this brings back memories. Great initiative Lucas
Howās everyone doing with their concepts? The second deadline approaches. 
My weeks have been unexpectedly busy with study and family stuff. I only have time this Sunday evening, so thatās going to be one long session.
You might get something in for the competition 
Umm, guess Iāve been out of touch for awhile, so Iām gonna go withā¦no.
Iām just gonna call mine a perpetual work in progress and Iāll throw it out there if I make enough headway to merit public criticism (doesnāt meet my aesthetic standards yet). Plus Iām a modeling noob so thereās that.
Getting close on the bottom. Got one more Turret to develop tomorrow for it.
![]()
![]()
Looking forward to it.
Shall we end the competition after tomorrow then?
Allright. So I almost decided to not make any new drawing because I just came home and didnāt feel like Iād have enough time, but then decided to try one more sketch using this one as underlayer:
![]()
Iām quite happy with the result ![]()
![]()
Yes there are some perspective issues ![]()
Tomorrow I can scan it in and upload a cleaner picture and in higher definition. Iām also very tempted to edit it in PhotoShop and add color etc., and I should add more views, but I really donāt have time until next week. So Iāll consider just this linedrawing to be my final entry.
I suddenly noticed a GIF made by Google Plus based on a picture I made earlier
If you click on it you can see the animation:
![]()
Great looking new detail there 
Sounds like a good idea Lucas.
Only got these little guys done today. Well there good enough I suppose.
![]()
![]()
Great
Any final render images? And we will also wait for Wybo to post his final scanned images.
After that⦠the vote begins.
OK so hereās my final entry:
![]()
I couldnāt resist PhotoShopping it
Iām still not sure about the color scheme.
I think it would be good if all contestants supplied 1 image to be shown in the opening post.
Fantastic
Ok I guess we will close the competition now.
The voting is now open. Everyone in the forums can participate.
1. Wybo with his Deimos Class Destroyer
2. UniversalPainKiller with his Tzedakah Class Destroyer
3. LucasFIN with his Eternal Harmony Class Destroyer
Itās one vote per forum member. Make a post where you give the name of the contestant/ship you vote and a brief explanation why you ended up choosing that particular concept. Some words for those you didnāt choose will also be appreciated. Even criticism is appreciated since we are artists who are constantly striving to better ourselves 
I am voting for:
A stunningly complex ship with a lot of interesting shapes to entertain the eye. It seems you ended up modeling the whole ship in the end after all 
The ship has some characteristics of the centaurus style IMO but I think it is somewhat lacking the famous centauran flow of shapes in a macro level (many individual shapes do flow nicely). Iām also guessing those very dominant wing shapes would be a big no in the infinity universe. But since following the traditional style guides was not demanded here I think it doesnāt matter.
Some criticism for the cockpit-like bridges. They make the ship look a bit smaller than described (455 m?). They also seem a bit vulnerable, although I recall someone mentioning that glass like materials were as though as armor in the Infinity universe. The detail Iām disliking the most are probably those organic back winglets with guns. I think they look a bit alien like.
All in all I think the ship is fantastic. It is not the most classical looking Centaurus ship so far but I think it is certainly one of the most interesting looking ships we have seen 
Iām also very pleased that Wybo got his concept ready for the competition. Really liking your style! Reminds me of the style INovaeJan/Stannum uses. Bonus points for you for making a mostly hand drawn concept. The sharp corners on the front eat away the centauran feel a little but otherwise it has some ācentaurusnessā in it :). Iām almost getting an industrial feel out of it. Edit: the greeble is just fantastic!
I am voting for:
##Wyboās Deimos Class Destroyer
Even though Lucas work is Top Notch as always
I had to go with Wybos Destroyer.
This shape is fun, sleek and still aggressive. Cutting trough space in a mechanized deadly way. The greeble also looks nice and the way the shapes interact isnāt as thought out like in other designs which brings in these interesting half corners. Most Centaurus ships I saw in the past just sloped over those corners but you ether went to greeble or left it intersected. Nice work!
Only downside is that the back didnāt get enough attentions as it seems. But thatās ok as everyone was struggling for time.
I didnāt realize at first that the theme was to be a destroyer, so the ships should feel large. I really like the design as a merchant type ship that would land on planets and ferry goods around. It looks more akin to a freighter than a ship of war which isnāt a bad thing. Surprise can be a good thing on the battlefield
Looking back on it with a destroyer classed ship in mind I do like it with that role as well.
I really like Universal Painkiās design. It reminds me of a ship that would come from the Gungans, thought hopefully not flown by Jar Jar. Although Iām not sure if the ship should look more look more like a submarine than a spacecraft. They are indeed similar, and I do like my wingybits. It is overall very sleek and looks very deadly.
Lucas, Your ship really reminds me of the Heart of Gold and it looks the most destroyeresque out of all 3 submissions. It also conveys the size of being half a kilometer in length the best as well. The other submissions feel small in comparison. Your ship follows the form of the centaurs the best imo.
Iām voting for Wyboās Diemost class Destroyer. I chose mostly based off of it looking like a spacecraft of war really look like. Boxy and fitting to form to consolidate armor in the places you need it. I like the folds on the bow too, and as I said before, in the postwar the diemost could easily be refitted into a freighter 
This contest was a great way to get me motivated to do something.
My vote is
***. āLucas Destroyerā is a top notch example of Classic Infinity Centaurus design. It has a futuristic, believable and plausible appearance. Front appears as though it could clear a path through any mob. My favorite part is the āTHORā like rear side extensions with guns riding on top. I might add a bit more elements to increase its already large appearance.
I like Wyboās design very much. Tuff looking. Good Balance between solid and mechanical, large vs. small elements. Would be great to see opposite perspective view. This seemed the Most believable design of the 3. I donāt know why but I envision the future of space being filled with of this style.
I certainly bit off a lot more then I expected when trying to model a complex design. Always scared to apply materials and texture when I am not certain about the Model being good enough first. I have spent a lot of time this last year texturing complex stuff. Shouldnāt be to difficult this time around to finish this Project.
Got me inspired as well
And hopefully it isnāt the last one.
Edit: By the way. Letās bold or otherwise highlight our votes so that the counting will be easier later.