I really like the different coulored environments. The red one makes me think of Narn.
Carbon stars ā red giant stars with enough carbon for soot to form in their atmosphere ā are supposed to be excessively red. Theyāre rare, but we see enough of 'em.
Ok, clearly thereās some confusion here. There are āblue dwarf starsā, which are blue stars of luminosity class V (dwarfs), and there are āblue-dwarf starsā, which a hypothetical evolutionary counterparts to blue giant (where āgiantsā are of the luminosity class III) stars. Blue evolved red dwarf stars are neither established via observation (obviously), nor are they a generally accepted concept in the stellar evolution community. Modern stellar evolutionary simulations donāt show red dwarf stars becoming blue near the ends of their lives. They do have an exaggerated increase in temperature and luminosity as they leave the main sequence, as compared to more massive stars, but they get nowhere near the blue end of the spectrum.
Iāll never trust an astronaut again.
You have never had to tell time by looking at the sun.
Haha. Are we talking ISS astronauts, or those who have actually walked on the moon? Because those who have walked on the moon characterize its colour as being basically the same as pavement.
Iāve seen moon rocks in person (taken from the Apollo 15 landing site, I believe, though it may have been Apollo 14 ā itās been a few years now), and, as far as their colour goes, they were almost spot on for old, worn asphalt. They were darker than cement or plaster of paris, but not quite as dark as⦠Iām having trouble coming up with a dark grey.
Take your standard grey t-shirt, and thatās the colour of your average moon rock.
Maybe thatās more brown than we expect it to be (I think we usually picture the moon as slightly blueish in colour, so lack of blue can be interpreted as excess of red).
I donāt remember but Iām thinking an Apollo.
and " Around noon, sunlight takes a short, direct path through the atmosphere and appears pale yellow. When near the horizon around sunset and sunrise, it passes through the lower, ādirtierā part of our atmosphere the entire distance. All that extra dust, smoke, etc. effectively scatter much of the sunās light, leaving only oranges and reds. "
From http://astrobob.areavoices.com/2012/08/26/what-color-is-the-sun/
At a guess, I would say once the Sunās light hits the atmosphere, some of the shorter wavelengths begin to be filtered out (i.e. scattered). So the bluer/greener light would be the first to go, but redder light can travel further through stuff.
Itās the same reason UV light canāt give you sunburn through a glass window, but radio signals can still be picked up through building walls.
But itās been a while since I studied physics, so reality may have changed since then.
curses himself for feeding the derailment*
Guys, get back on topic. Weāre supposed to be discussing the rings video/any news about it.
I guess you missed the forum tradition to turn every thread into a sciencediscussion.
[quote=āJapa, post:68, topic:524, full:trueā]
I guess you missed the forum tradition to turn every thread into a sciencediscussion.
[/quote] I know about the tradition, itās just that I think that people should just branch off a new thread if they want to discuss science.
when there will be new news we will discuss them )))
This thread is now a hype thread. Go team HypePlane!
I know I know I know I know⦠
Ha ha ha ha ha!!!
I suppose Infinity should get their own HypePlaneā¦ksp has a pretty cool one but I canāt photoshop or model for one or I would make it.
The first page of google results fo HypePlane gave me nothing!!! I AM LOST!!! What is a HypePlane?
This. All HypeVehicles like the HypePlane and the HypeTrain are powered by pure Hype. Check this thread for some (hilarious) examples of HypeVehicles.
Here is another fantastic example of a hypeplane
![]()
Edit: Who wants to change KSP to IBS? >.>
![]()
ALL HAIL HYPENOTOAD(Bad pun, I know)!
oh lord.