Hmm, I will definitely look into migrating the code that I have to a GPU if that’s the case. As it is, it’s inherited code built to run on x86 clusters.
Though if you’re going to do that, you’re probably not going to be running Windows anyway! 
Tiger Direct has a sale today only on SSDs. They’re offering a 240 GB from PNY for 100$ after rebate. They normally run 10$ higher. Not much, but there it is.
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=7768769&Sku=P56-2983
Thought you might want to know, today NewEgg has a shell shocker starting at 1pm PST on a ballin PSU.
EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750 G 80 PLUS GOLD Certified 750W Active PFC ATX12V v2.31/EPS 12V v2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Full Modular PSU 10 Year Warranty 120-PG-0750-GR NEW Haswell Ready Power Supply Intel 4th Gen CPU Ready
$79.99 After $20 MIR
Hmm, we have a different shell shocker north of the 49 here. That’s a shame, as with the MIB that’s a significant cut.
I didn’t know different countries have different shell shockers! Sorry about that.
Maybe you can find an American friend that’s willing to help you out XD.
Managed to find a Corsair TX650 80+ Bronze for $70 CDN ($63 USD). It’s no SuperNOVA 750 G, but it’s a fine deal in and of itself. It’s on NCIX’s ebay auction block, and it’s up tomorrow, so unless I find a daily deal that beats it, it’s mine.
I grabbed the 4670K and a dual channel HyperX Fury 8GB set on a reasonably steep Easter sale, which included free shipping, so this thing’s more or less signed and sealed and ready to ship as of tomorrow evening. I can’t wait to start working on a proper desktop again.
That’s awesome man!
Pretty sure that’s what I’m using atm. It’s a very nice bit of kit. Modular PSUs are fairly nice, the cabling is a hell of a lot easier to manage too.
The 4670K is a good pick too, I’m running that at the moment as well.
Looking good so far!
Unfortunately it’s not the modular version, but the cables are apparently very long, and my case has a cable channel/storage nook.
In total, I’ve come in $250 under budget (and that’s including shipping costs). I’m more than a little annoyed to find my mobo on the auction block for $20 less than I paid for it, but live and learn. On the plus side, the eBay outlet will ship a second and third item for free, so I’ve bid on a Bluetooth 4.0 dongle and a dual channel 802.11n wifi dongle, which together add up to the shipping cost (i.e. I’ll get them for free).
That $250 is marked for a GPU and storage HDDs now, both of which I’ll likely get off of the auction block this summer. I’m more than happy with that.
Ah, could have sworn it was the same model PSU. Clearly not. That’s a shame, but not the end of the world.
One of the things I really like about modular PSUs though is that you only need to plug in as many (internal) power cables as you actually need! 
Still, nice to see everything getting underway.
Corsair seems to have modular versions of most of their middle and higher end PSUs. They have an M following the wattage (so, TX650M, in this case). Alas, for $50 off NCIX’s sticker price, I’m happy to overlook the bird’s nest that will be living in my case.
Is it weird that one of the things I’m looking most forward to is finishing my revisions to JENI’s website? As if I couldn’t be doing that right now?
Yes, yes you could.
Then again, I could also be working on finishing the next “release” of ICM, right now.
Then again, I’m not looking forward to working on it again.