Weekly Update #39

…probably making jokes again…

See? This is what happens when you don’t post pictures. Everybody starts talkin’ about the exact subject that’s makin’ your hair go grey.

5 Likes

ooo>[][][][]D <------ Super cool space ship. now be happy.

2 Likes

Happy!

…Plus a few more words, 'cause it seems the post needs a minimum number of characters.

2 Likes

I translated your code into a photo-realistic representation of the ship!

You’re right! It is super cool! :wink:

*Looking looking forward to seeing the Corvette exterior update.

7 Likes

great scott ! What a “fidelity” :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Yes debit cards will be supported as long as they’re from one of the supported payment companies in the list @Lomsor provided such as Visa and Mastercard.

The problem with PayPal is that their documentation and SDK for integration suck. The flipside is that CC support for paypal will be disabled meaning we don’t have to worry about dealing with chargebacks but the initial integration itself takes a lot more time.

5 Likes

This is what turned me away from them and toward Stripe. I don’t have much experience with Stripe yet but I’ve gotta admit, those docs and libs are very dev-friendly! I’m looking forward to building some useful tools on top of their API’s.

I thought I-Novae were also using Stripe?

They are, but there’s a fair bit of demand for Paypal support too.

lol i laughing.A masterpiece of the new Picasso. Talent found end of transmission Sh-sh-sh(interference parody)

1 Like

:joy::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

For me at least. Monday ends in 45 minutes!

3 Likes

Is there any News on the paypal pledge option? :slight_smile:
I had just put some money on my paypal account so i could go for the Alpha package, but after clicking on the pledge option, i realized: there is no Paypal button :smiley:
So I found this thread, and i’m curious if there are still plans to implement paypal…

If not, i’ll have to see if i can get a credit card… i even had one once, but never used it, it’s probably not valid anymore…

Btw.: Hello :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello :slight_smile:

Yes there are still plans to support PayPal but I suspect I won’t have time to address it until after I finish the UI and a few other things. It’s probably going to be a couple of months before I have the time.

1 Like

Ok, thanks for your answer :slight_smile:
I’ll try to somehow get a credit card then… Btw. for how long will the indiegogo campain be alive, esp. with the possibility to pledge for Alpha? more like weeks? or months? until final release? Just so that i don’t miss that date… :wink:

We haven’t decided yet but at the moment I’m thinking we’ll keep it up until sometime between the Alpha and the Beta.

1 Like

I’m not sure what country you are in or what your circumstances are but, unless age is an issue, don’t you have access to a regular bank account with a debit card? Since you’ve got a PayPal account, I’m sure that it requires a user to have a bank account in order to use the service and with that account, you should be able to have a debit card from that bank.

1 Like

No, my card for my bank account cannot be used as credit card. It doesn’t have any of the payment possibilities that are listed on the indiegogo pledge options. It’s mostly meant for paying at local shops, getting money at the ATMs or for normal bank transfer.

It cannot be used for paying anything via Internet!

I’m from Germany, and this card is what you normally get when you open your bank account.

For a credit card, you usually need to pay extra…

Now you see why many people here have a paypal account…

1 Like

Sounds like you have a Euro Cheque card.
As Draylax says, you should be able to get a debit card.
Debit cards are not the same as credit cards.

A credit card is effectivity the bank giving you a loan - you can spend money that you don’t actually have and you need to pay it back, usually every month.

A debit card is exactly like your EC card in that you spend money directly from your account. If you don’t have the money in your account, you can’t make the payment.
The only difference between your EC card and a debit card is that the debit card will be connected to the Visa or MasterCard system which enables you to use it world wide, including online.

In Germany you may have to hunt around different banks to find one that offers a genuine Visa debit card.

1 Like