Wallpaper - Give Us Your Best Shot! (Image Intensive)

Love the pew pew look but could be a touch thinner and different colors would be an added bonus, but I’m a Star Wars fan so…

2 Likes

Jeez these pics… :smiley: I can’t wait to get back into the game! Wish my PC would hurry up and arrive so I can take advantage of a couple of weeks off work…!

3 Likes

Some more Cinder lanscapes:






12 Likes

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that i edited an xml to get the frequency of the energy weapons up.
But I forgot to turn it back. So that’s why the beams are a bit over the top.

2 Likes

Added some of these on the ED forums. And LTT forums.

4 Likes

Thank’s @JonnyRedHed,

Great ED thread.

Just one thing, the second image on ED forum is duplicate.

Thanks, corrected.

Here are a few test images.

As you can see, they are a higher resolution than I normally have, 2560x1440 vs 1920x1080. No I didn’t upgrade my monitor, or get a new graphics card. However, I just found out that the latest versions of the Radeon drivers have something called Virtual Super Resolution. It basically tricks the computer into thinking that my monitor has a higher resolution that it actually has. I just tested this feature on IB, and I was able to increase the resolution. I took about a 25% frame rate hit, as my graphics card isn’t all that powerful (3GB 7950), but it was still at a passable 20fps planet side.

It isn’t 4k, but it’s a tad nicer. :slightly_smiling:

Also, epic shots @SpaceJay. :heart_eyes_cat:





17 Likes

Yes, the project is definitely a black horse .

1 Like

Thanks Arkenbrien, these are some super nice shoots. :heart_eyes: Some of the nicest yet.

2 Likes

I’m taking a nap in the shade. After I woke up I noticed a little star in the sky. Is the atmosphere just thin, is that why I can see it during the day?

10 Likes

We’ve artificially increased the brightness of the stars for aesthetic reasons.

3 Likes

I thought you were using realistic quantities of light, how does that all work out given the brightness is overstated, is everything we see in the game affected by this?

We are though in the case of background stars specifically we aren’t as we’ve increased their brightness a bit. The increase in ambient illumination is still so small it doesn’t really affect anything.

2 Likes



*know the station has already been done before plenty of times but it never gets old. :heart_eyes:

17 Likes

Some more Cinder love:

12 Likes

Wish I had these earlier. And in PNG. Really awesome shots!!!

Which video card?

Gigabyte GTX Titan X Xtreme 12GB

I use it for my work as well. I do all my 3D client renders and animations (Otoy Octane Render) with it.

i have 660ti omfg youre man. Yeah i know about this card not actualy for gaming. Yeah it cool OOR