The Kickstarter has begun! Pledge now and spread the word!

Heh, replied to your post rather than the whole thread by mistake, my bad. :wink:

1 Like

For a bit of context, the Elite: Dangerous kickstarter looked fairly grim at the half way stage:

1 Like

Interesting that they chose 60 days instead of 30 days (honestly I thought the point of Kickstarter was that all campaigns were 30 days), but they were asking for a lot more money.

1 Like

We’re currently 46% of the way through the Battlescape campaign and have 63% pledged.
46% of the way through Elite’s campaign they had only 51% of their target pledged.

No implications. Just numbers.

3 Likes

If we’re to make statistics, let’s also put them in the context.
E:D asked for 1M250$ as a minimum funding goal, whereas I:B is asking 300k$.

More numbers. Still no implications.

1 Like

That’s pounds, which is almost USD$2mil.

1 Like

E:D also had connections and it’s name.

2 Likes

Comparing with Elite Dangerous seems kinda pointless: They have a big well-known game name (Elite), they have good contacts with the BBC (going so far as to be mentioned multiple times on TV), and they had a funding target which was far far larger. They also had a lot of money (compared to INovae) to use on advertising & the Kickstarter itself. They even got Chris Roberts to mention them in a video (and vice versa). Comparing apples with oranges isn’t very helpful.

Everspace is a better comparison:

BTW, this is quite informative:


Especially this graph (although I suspect the error bars would be quite large):

1 Like

I think you’re reading more into my post than necessary. I simply gave that project as an example of how most Kickstarters have a mid-term lull. Something that your chart also shows.

1 Like

Finally got to pledge, if not to the amount I would have preferred. Better late than never, right?

9 Likes

Congrats to I-novae Studios and the Battlescape team!

5 Likes