Stargem-starconflict mechanics description

after a elite russian star conflict clanner made himself look bad and by proxy the game i felt it made sense for someone who is more neutral to outline some of things about the game ill start simple than edit to add more detail later so i dont kill myself.

classes and subclasses

The game is made up of 4 classes interceptors, fighters, frigates, destroyers. They are subdivided into subclasses

• interceptors: ECM, recon, spec ops
  • fighters: gunship, tackler, command
  • frigates: long range, engineering, guard
  • destroyers: suppersor class

the classes determine a ships basic characteristic while the subclass gives it it’s gameplay role the basic idea for the classes would be as follows(all hps are ballpark averages)

• interceptors: smallest and most agile can easily hit speed cap lowest hp (9000 total)
  • fighters: medium sise still very agile can hit speed cap medium amount of hp (15000 total)
  • frigates: large very slow and very lethargic large amount of hp (22000 total)
  • destroyers: even slower and lethargic better firing arcs huge hp (200,000 total)

as you see pretty boring and basic now for the sub classes gameplay summary

interceptors

• ECM: meant to disrupt enemy team operation through stuns energy drain etc
  • recon: main scout has sensor range speed bonus and a micro warp
  • spec-ops: heavy burst damage meant to kill one important thing than run

fighters

• gunship: meant to kill everything while using special module and be hidden while not
  • tackler: meant to hunt and kill interceptors
  • command: passive buff team and help lead attacks

frigates

• longrange: snipe anything you can actually hit
  • engineer: heal everybody
  • guard: buff team defense and tank damage yourself

destroyer -suppresor class: provide heavy supporting firepower and not die in the process

modules

in the game you can have up to 15 passive slots depending on the ship rank 1-17 and if it’s a special ships like a premium, special project, or alien hybrid. of the 15 passives you can have 5 categorys with 3 each they go as follows: Engines, Capacitor, Hull, Shield, Computer. the bonuses a passive can give do vary greatly but they all relate to their category, are always passive, and give dimising returns if stacked. A example is the auxillary shield projector which increases your shields base hp by 20%

Ships also have 5 active modules which always starts with the special module. the special module is unique to your subclass and is the essential ability for your class to do it’s basic job. with the 4 active slots you have generic modules and unique ones for your subclass. The active modules are much more powerfull than the passive ones, but take energy too activate and then go on cooldown usually for at least half a minute. a example is the plasma lance on the specops interceptor which gives you a plasma sword on the front of your ship for 6 secounds which does up to 15,000 total damage.

This is what i will start this post with i will later go back edit and add more things as i get in the mood too do so thanks for reading

3 Likes