Star Citizen and Infinity - Mutual community interactions

They just launched the test universe, with 64 bit floating point precision and more. I don’t think using a “old” engine will neccesarily result in bad “spaghetti” code. For example, correct me if i am wrong, Call of Duty still runs on a heavily modified version of the decade old quake engine. The COD games have very few bugs. SC were smart enough to hire a lot of the original cryengine guys, they have buckets full of money, I am sure they will deliver (if the end product satisfies the fans remains to be seen though).

still looks kind of disappointing…

Bethesda has a 300+ man team… bugs, lags, cheats everywhere

only counts the way you use it

Got interstellar travel but don’t have a key-phrase, a bio-metric scanner, or a simple lock to keep other people out of their ships.

1 Like

well lets say it will be a good game i suppose that because everyone knows it there will be very many cheaters arround. Like in ESO and even a 300+ man team cannot compete against thousands of cheaters.

Take windows everyone uses it and? afraid of viruses etc?

mac os x is not more stable to say but nearly no virusses :smile:

Yes, but why does this has to be the case for every game developer? I think you are generalising here. See my COD example. This is more a question of skill and planning, and not of age of code I think.

Man that cockpit and UI leaves very little real estate for looking outside the ship. Plus the movement is so rigid, it kinda just looks like MWO in space (to be fair probably to MWO I only played it for a couple days).

3 Likes

well i dunno COD to be honest… this is from my experience i might be wrong with other games, but as a dev myself it should be true.

The only reason OS X has fewer malware is the complete lack of support for older software and the tiny market share.
Windows 10 64bit is very safe even without extra anti-malware software.

well osx goes rigid with its extension etc… thats completly what im saying the lower market share brings not so much exploit users.

and i HAD exploits on win 10 !! deinstalled it…

If you don’t mind me asking: Why didn’t you just remove them? Seems easier than installing a new OS.

1 Like

its because you cannot get rid of them… every exploit must first be known before the malware guys do anything against it… i had the best malware suite (Spyhunter) and after a week after a three time scan killing everything the viruses were back… i could not live without the suite… i was really not 1 time before that in the net. the virusses download when the system is infected other viruses from random servers.

that was my fault trying to get a serial for win 10.

He’s flying a bomber, it’s movement will justifiably be sluggish and it has a very constricted cockpit. There are ships with nearly no obstruction, and ships that are much faster. Calling it MWO space makes me wonder what your seeing that im not.

Its an alpha so ragging on details like ship locks and stealing team mate’s ships is pretty silly. It looks extremely good.

Honestly I have never heard of spyhunter, but googling brought up this:

Der Spyhunter steht oft in der Kritik und wird meist als Rogueware
bezeichnet. Das Programm scannt zwar Ihren Computer, jedoch verlangt es
für die Entfernung der Funde den Kauf der Vollversion. Die
Erkennungsrate soll zudem recht gering sein.

So maybe not the best choice… lol

1 Like

Well there is a difference between an exploit and common malware like shady keygens etc… I recommend malwarebytes, spyhunter is crap and suspected of malware behavior itself.

well to be back on sc and so on there are teams out there which are get paid monthly to create exploits for common games…

where did you get that? it scanned 1600 virusses and registry extensions out of my win istallation… after that win was much faster and the ads were gone…

I’ve not been following SC so I’m simply assessing the video from a subjective point of view, I’m not making a judgment of the whole game because of it. As for MWO, the general feel of MechWarrior was just the first thing that came to mind, I’m not trying to insinuate that they’re identical.

With that said though, I’m not sure the fact that he’s in a bomber can justify that sort of movement which seems to lack any sort of significant inertia; it looked just like an FPS. I don’t even know if it being a bomber means it’s larger or smaller than the average craft.