Space/Mars technology news & EVA Space walk General Thread

Given the systematic disasters that are NASA crewed space projects nowadays, is there a chance this will actually happen?

Add another 10 years for all the BS political and bureaucratic delays :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

has china traveled to the american moon landing sites to btfo the hoax conspiracy theorists yet? or will they just claim china’s in on it too?

wow scott manlet aged like shit. wasn’t he spposed to be in his 20s? he looks 45

1 Like

Israel’s Beresheet robot sets its sights on the Moon - bbc

The lift-off of the Beresheet’s Falcon 9 from Cape Canaveral is timed for 20:45 EST, Thursday (01:45 GMT, Friday).

Hayabusa-2: Japan mission set to ‘bite an asteroid’ - bbc

A Japanese spacecraft is set to “bite an asteroid” as it descends to collect a sample of rock from the surface.
The Hayabusa-2 probe will try to grab the sample from a pre-chosen site on the asteroid Ryugu at 23:00 GMT on 21 February.

*Update: Israel’s Beresheet Moon mission gets under way - bbc

2 Likes

‘Mole’ on InSight Mars Lander Starts Burrowing, But the Going Is Rough space dot com

The Heat Flow and Physical Properties Package (HP3) instrument aboard NASA’s InSight Mars lander burrows into the Martian soil for the first time on Feb. 28, 2019.(Image: © NASA/JPL-Caltech/DLR)

1 Like

Adam Savage’s Tested

How Would Space Politics Work? - Offworld Episode 15

Hmm, they really didn’t cover a lot in that episode. Some parts were interesting, but there was so much they could have gotten into… SciFi offers such a broad range of subject matter to explore.

2 Likes

Scott Manley discusses - Would A Catastrophic Air Leak Knock The Space Station Out Of Orbit?

Adam Savage’s Tested

The Potential and Problems of Spaceship A.I. - Offworld Episode 16

1 Like
5 Likes

Deep Space Updates - SpaceX, Hayabusa Shoots an Asteroid, Mars Quakes - April 26th from Scott Manley

8 Likes

Scott Manley asks - Why Do Lunar Satellites Eventually Crash Into The Moon?

2 Likes

Please be aliens, please be aliens, please be aliens… Boffins discover mystery mass beneath Moon’s biggest crater - theregister

1 Like

if your able to access BBC Iplayer

BBC The Sky at Night - June 2019 - Return to the Moon

4 Likes

What Exoplanets Look Like in Film vs. Reality - Offworld Episode 23

1 Like

Wanderers - Carl Sagan

Not seen this one before, pretty good.

2 Likes

I’m fairly certain I’ve posted it before on other threads. It’s one of my favorites and always love to see it pop up though! Thanks for the reminder :slight_smile:

2 Likes
4 Likes