Done.
Stupid ten char… 
Done.
Stupid ten char… 
That is 100% intended.
The trajectory is intentionally missing the barge so that if for whatever reason the landing burn ignition fails, they don’t have a successful anti barge missile test.If you look closely at every other landing attempt you’ll note that this is done every time.
To clarify: with the barge they will intentionally overshoot or undershoot and with a RTLS they will undershoot to avoid destroying anything at Canaveral.
This was probably a test to see how much extra fuel could be used during the breaking burn to reduce heating on reentry and still land…they really pushed the margins to the limit on this one obviously. Less speed on reentry means v^2 less energy and v^3 less heating which is important for actually keeping cores in good shape for reuse.
I have to be brief since I’m on mobile but if you have more questions I’d be happy to answer when I can.
“HOW to DESIGN, BUILD
and TEST SMALL
LIQUID-FUEL
ROCKET ENGINES”
http://www.cientificosaficionados.com/libros/cohetes.pdf
i am just going to leave this here.
Saved for future use.
This probably puts me on a list somewhere – hi FBI / NSA / local equivalents!
i may or may not surf the deeper parts of the web. ;v you should be fine though, since it’s also pullable up here in the shiny clean upper web.
It’s official, esa is being infiltrated by the combine. Where’s Freeman? 
“Indian rocket carries 20 satellites to space”
"a record number for the country’s ambitious space programme. "
Ok then just what is the record?
Where else?
![]()
I’m more amused that the meme maker is unable to use the circle tool in paint than that Freeman is fiddling with the LHC. 
SpaceX official High res video of a successful landing at sea!
Now I see how there saving money, using fans instead of rocket fuel. Genius.
(no fuel on the landing that worked, fuel on the landings that failed.)
NASA is doing a full scale test of the new solid booster that will be part of the Orion project, it was supposed to happen today, postponed for tomorrow. Below is some propaganda material. 
.
SLS just doesn’t excite me as much with the SpaceX MCT architecture unveiling around the corner, in September.
I will be honestly surprised if SLS survives SpaceX.
Next Space X launch in one hour: CRS-9 Dragon Resupply Mission
Hosted webcast: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThIdCuSsJh8
Technical: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCCyVCvN2bo
“Following stage separation, the first stage of the Falcon 9 will attempt an experimental landing on Landing Zone 1 at Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, Fla”
Another good landing.
Yep! Nicely done once again.
I totally dropped the ball on the heads up but I didn’t in from fishing until late and I fell right asleep. First launch I missed since crs-7 and I nearly had a heart attack when I remembered about it.
I read that space-x have picked out the Falcon 9 rocket stage section they intend to reuse.
http://www.space.com/33449-spacex-dragon-cargo-spacecraft-reflight.html
You misunderstood slightly. What they plan to reuse is the pressure vessel of a previously flown and recovered dragon capsule. The reason this is known is because they’ve actually stopped production of the dragon v1 capsule. The last one manufactured will be launched on CRS-10.
As of this post, the exact landed core and payload to be launched for the first reused rocket stage is unknown.
If I were to speculate it will either be crs-8 core or the one landed this morning(crs-9). This is because both of those had the “gentlest” reentry and stand to be in the best shape.
I see, ta.
So what sort of tests will these section under go to get them flight ready again.