Disappointing 
Iâd give it another try, maybe express your disappointment in the lack of promised content. I cannot testify to how well it will work, but there are a hundred articles in the last 24 hours about it.
Yeah I tried a second time now. Within the Steam forum users suggested to raise a complaint ticket instead of simply trying a refund process. Did that and expressed my disappointment and mentioned some of the lacks of features.
Fingers crossed that they accept that.
A very pretty NMS planet, it could probably host an entire standalone gameâŚ
Itâs a shame planets like that arenât more common. Would certainly have helped negate some of the criticism of bland planets
Itâs ironic that when the game came out, before the universe seed reset, the mob was complaining that the planets were too rich and full of life⌠
Such is life I guessâŚ
However, if youâre playing on PS4, you can prevent the new seed from being applied. So it isnât gone for real. Just very unlikely to find.
I did stumble on a fairly well populated snowy planet on my travels today.was fun, but Iâm unlikely to stick around to try and find all the species
Noah Caldwell Gervais
Is one of those philosophical gamer / youtuber
I personally think he is phenomenal. Check his other content too.
The problem is instant gratification and though I like finding things quickly and the good old pew-pew, there is no point creating massive universes with millions of systems, if not billions. Whatâs needed is a game that doesnât have countless systems - whatâs needed are a few hundred systems (even a piddly 20) that are challenging to get to. I once proposed on another site making at least one system that took a week to get to that included challenges along the way - so challenging that you might not make it. But of course everyone wanted their quick fix and easy gaming so it didnât get any traction.
Interestingly though, even after Elite, even after NMS, people are still stuck on size. But size doesnât matter - itâs how you fly the universe that counts.
EVE uses Skill Training which demonstrates there are supporters willing to look at gaming as a matter of progression. Anyway, I just think DEVs canât see the forest for the trees. Fortunately the DEVs here understand it isnât all about size! I just hope they think seriously about making other systems a challenge to get to and fun along the way, even if it means starting from scratch.
Maybe people are still thinking about the good olâ times, when they were playing Noctis?
I think it is a question of potential longevity.
Creating a limited space will at one point outstay itâs welcome. Sure, it might take a week to go to that one system, but what after youâve been there? You mark it off your checklist and go to the next one. Someone said, he would like to have a complete game set on a single planet in NMSâ universe, and I like the idea. Use a Noctis/Elite/NMS-type game as some kind of hub to put all your different game worlds inside a consistent universe. This way, they could add to the universe system-by-system over the course of decades, without having to reboot the star chart every 2 to 3 games (looking at you X series).
edit:
Didnât EVE add booster relatively recently? I remember reading about some guy making a new character and buying boosters to learn all ingame skills in a matter of days instead of years.
edit 2:
Hereâs an article about the skill thing in case anyone wants to read about it: http://evenews24.com/2016/02/15/event-blank-character-maxes-all-skills-via-skill-injectors-in-a-single-sitting/
Yeah, going to a single planet a week away shouldnât just be a matter of showing up, looking around and next! There should be lots of things to do and one great gameplay that might pique both builders and explorers might be terraforming. Also the trip itself should be challenging so it wouldnât be like Elite or NMS. But I guess you know fewer planets is the way to go being a supporter of Battlescape.
Yes, EVE now has skill injectors but they are expensive and time consuming to earn. If you have been playing the game for years however and live in a good system, then they are easy enough to afford. But they arenât giving them away and most people are still skill training.
To be frank, I wouldâve backed Infinity even if it didnât resize from a full-galaxy-sized mmo to a single-system-arena-styled game. My long term plans are to support the creation of the mmo I:Q4E. With that out of the way, I appreciate both, small-sized and galaxy sized games, as long as they offer compelling gameplay, and depending on my current mood (do I want to play a focused story? Small scale. Just go out and see something new, that no one else probably have seen before? galaxy scale it is ⌠There used to be a place for MP shooter games like Battlefield, but I kind of lost interest in âdumb shootingâ. Nowadays I prefer to play more tactical shooters (IF at all), like R6:Siege, or The Last of Us (I would recommend people to at least give the game a try, especially now that it can be played on pc via playstation now. Yes it is an inferior way to experience the game, but it is good enough to get a glimpse at their multiplayer mechanics) ).
NMS for example was a game I got mostly to see how they handled planet-to-space transitions and lodâing, as well as their organism-lego-kit (or however you want to call it). I was mildly disappointed, that they didnât also put in a procedural city generator (a tech which does exist), but I guess they can theoretically patch that in as well *shrugs*. Was hugely disappointed by their Level of Detail system. The first time I aimed to fly towards a lake, just to have a mountain faze into existence where said lake shouldâve been was just ⌠shitty? To be fair though: Their cave system is very interesting. Anyway, I am willing to give them the same leeway most people gave Destiny (which I think is a prime example of peoplesâ judgement getting more 'n more clouded the more money they put in). In other words one year of improvements. There are more and more games that become way better post-release, like Warframe or Elite: Dangerous, which seems to be becoming a trend.
I dont know how hard skill injectors are to come by (as I was spending most of my time in Dust514 once the closed beta started), what difficulties aside of isk are there to acquire them? Limited quantities per time unit?
I think Elite Dangerous is the new standard but Infinity is the future. Although a massive galaxy with little to do is an issue not to mention pricing, ED is coming along quite nicely. A few more updates and I may upgrade my account. As for EVE, skill injectors give you so many skills depending on your own skill level; the most you get is when your own skill level is below 20 mil. Injectors return decrease as your skill level increases. So for some simply buying a character is more convenient. But I never bought any injectors because I am a cheap SOB. Moreover, I have cancelled my account because I spend more time building stuff than playing. lol.
+1. I donât care personally for a single system arena gameplay too much either (although I look forward to it as space is a cool setting in all kind of ways, especially when its of true-scale), but supporting the devs to evolve their engine to something which could be the baseline of I:TQFE is the real deal why I added my 2 cents to support I:BS.
Yes. I am pretty sure a lot of those ppl discussing such techniques in Procedural Terrain Rendering How-To could do better, the NMSâ implementation was a huge let down and fake in a lot of ways. Their cave system is interesting, but a lot of their in-game space-to-planet techniques and LODing looks more like a non-procedural non-LOD static fake than anything else. A huge disapointment, I agree!
Apparently their investigation is solely into the Steam store page for the game. Whether they will take it further than this is unclear but right now they are just looking into whether it was mis-sold to the public based on the store page.
I donât think itâll go very far. The #1 criticism that I see is the lack of multiplayer, and the Steam store page clearly says the game isnât multiplayer. I donât think they risk much.
I do remember seeing the Playstation store being fairly vague about its online capabilities saying âNetwork Playâ. So far the list is as follows.
Videos:
User interface design
Ship flying behaviour (in formation; with a âwingmanâ; flying close to the ground) << Iâve seen AI fly in formation with me but yesâŚextremely limited
Behaviour of animals (in herds; destroying scenery; in water; reacting to surroundings)
Large-scale space combat
Structures and buildings as pictured
Flowing water
Speed of galaxy warp/loading time
Aiming systems
Screenshots:
Size of creatures
Behaviour of ships and sentinels
Structures and buildings as pictured
Store Page in general:
Quality of graphics
References to: lack of loading screens, trade convoys between stars, factions vying over territory