Here’s a little update.
Here’s a little update.
Is that space camo? 
Ofc
No better way of hammering down the military aesthetic than with camoflage… Well beyond visible weapons that is…
Digging it. I have plans on many cammo style hull swatches for more military oriented ships.
Cammo in space 
Could someone explain to me the interest of rectangular cammo? It seems to be a thing, including in some RL militaries, about since the whole Retraux trend appeared in videogames. And I really don’t care for it.
Aesthetically pleasing to some people. And overall wanting to feel military-esque.
It’s something called digital camouflage. The blocky-pixelled look that most people associate with it is simply a more recognizable, ‘iconic’ form of it, but other variations exist, usually using splotches of color. It has nothing to do with the retro trend in gaming, but rather stemming from a desire to camouflage objects from as many ranges as possible.
Apparently the average joe came to think it looks cool.
It’s also laughably easy to create a reasonable facsimile in Photoshop, so there’s that too.
The ‘pixelated’ camo is more effective than traditional camouflage at breaking up the silhouette of objects it covers. That’s why the United States Marine Corps adopted it in ~2002. It was one of the first things to come out of their new R&D division and soon after adopting it the other services created their own variations (with largely disastrous results imo). I can tell you from firsthand experience that the pixelated camo works quite well in the field though supposedly the US Army’s new multi-cam is more effective than pixelated camo.
All this said, the camo thing is a pure aesthetic thing here. It would serve no other function than to look badass, and frankly, it was just me playing around with Keyshot 
I like Keyshot. Simple program with great results; once you have layers of alpha and transparencies though it shows it’s limitation.
I really hope military ships come in simple black
I think that combat spaceships with little to no paintjob look much scarier.
Fortunately we’re planning on allowing ppl to reskin ships so if you don’t like how they look you can just reskin them =)
It’s decided. We’re bringing back dazzle camouflage!
How about bacon camo? 
My ships will be textured with glitter glue and bedazzler sequins!
Oh no, I just now imagined this ship in a ‘my little pony’ camo…
I feel ill…
I hope someone releases a super saiyan texture pack for all of the ships!
AAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!
("“descriptive”" text pls ignore)
Maybe a flying smurf house.