No one is getting banned for a single offense, but it’s the repetition of it and the constant harass that is not acceptable.
I’m not going to deny that Keith calling you an idiot over Discord wasn’t a nice behavior, I certainly wasn’t happy myself when I saw it, but let’s not forget that you recently called him a psychopath on these very forums, and that the incident that sparked the “you’re an idiot” from him is you, out of the blue, implying that he was lying. It certainly wasn’t right, but it wasn’t unprovoked, and even us have our limits.
We have explicitely warned the community, months before the Early access, that once we did go on Steam and have a product, we’d become more strict with certain behaviors. At least we’re in agreement on that point, but it didn’t come out of nowhere.
We did not turn community hostile. Anybody that speaks politely, in civil manner, can criticize us.
I mean, from my perspective, you are being completely ridiculous with your conspiration theory that we’re banning people from criticizing us. You’ve been doing that yourself for a long time and you’re still not gone, can’t you see how contradictory your argument even is ? There are tons of people criticizing us every day, why haven’t we banned all these people yet, if it’s true that we can’t stand a bit of criticism at all ?
What we do not stand for is name calling and harassment. The person you’re trying to defend on Steam, hasn’t just been posting “5 ribbing comments over 4 pages”. Check his history. He’s always been posting the same thing, derailing threads that are about other topics, and it’s been going for months. Even then, it was fine, until he started the personal attacks on Keith and I.
I’m not gonna repeat myself again and again. Criticize the game as much as you want. Criticize the company as much as you want. Criticize our pricing point, our strategies as much as you want. Keep doing personal attacks - not in the name of the company, again. Personal, named ones, like the one that earned Critic his ban -, keep harassing / slandering us, as individual people, in every single post as you can, and yes, big shock: you will not be welcome anymore.