Https://meta.discourse.org/t/leaving-a-forum-deleting-your-own-account/10732/5

“Big Bang” is literally the sound of a cannon firing. It hardly describes the first moments of space-time. I thought I read/heard that ‘Big Bang’ was originally a more derogatory term used by those who didn’t accept the theory but became the more common term.

2 Likes

It was originally used by goldwater or goldstein(Gold something, I can’t remember his name) who was an opponent of the theory proposed by Lemaitre. It was said on a radio show as an oversimplification in a way sort of like, “That can’t be possible, some sort of ridiculous big bang!” but the name stuck. The theory itself was proposed by Lemaitre, a priest. It was termed the big bang because Lemaitre described it as a large explosion from which all matter expanded from, hence a big bang.

4 Likes

What would these consequences be?

Judging by your behaviour you, whoever you are, most probably hijacked Skywoops acount a few weeks ago when you spewed a few adverts on here.

6 Likes

I was wondering where he was going with nginx but this makes a lot more sense.