"Fun" Math problems thread! (Yay)

That makes sense, and is a way less complicated way to define a triangle.

I’m at 25…

1 Like

Uh, interesting, you’ve got more than I did ^^

I’m double checking to make sure I didn’t double count.

I hope so! That’s the definition of a triangle :wink:

2 Likes

No wait, no, I failed in counting my stuff on my paper, I have 24, not 25.

What’s the answer?

1 Like

24 is what I got, give me a minute to write how I got to the number ^^

1 Like

YAY.

Now I’m going to get some food.

1 Like

First, let’s use our handy, dandy crayons:

I used the intersection points as a … starting points… and colored each line that got through that starting point red, and ever line that could be used to complete a triangle green. After those three drawings, there was no intersection left, that wasn’t already completely covered by the three previous.

In the first one, I can freely choose 2 out of 4 for each of the 3 green lines, whereas in the other two, I can always choose 1 out of 3 green lines to complete the red, which leads to the following:

Of course, I could’ve also written just 3 instead using the fancy binomial coefficient thingy (and I did so in the first half), but I just felt like writing one more coefficient, in a hope that it helps understanding my word blurbs.

I also find 25

Can you tell me, which one I am missing?

Oops, I meant 24, sorry…
(I hadn’t read your answer, but I used the same technique, except I counted them by hand instead of taking a pen and paper)

3 Likes