Excellent summary! You’ve nailed most, if not everything, that was said or implicitly stated in the previous posts.
I think we all shared this same vision, but we didn’t phrase it the same way, therefore the arguments.
Excellent summary! You’ve nailed most, if not everything, that was said or implicitly stated in the previous posts.
I think we all shared this same vision, but we didn’t phrase it the same way, therefore the arguments.
For the record we currently aren’t on Steam and therefore need our own solution - which currently does not have background patching (though that can certainly be added).
Yes, there is no argument for or against during the development. No one is disagreeing with any of the methods used during Alpha/Beta. This is a “would be nice” wish for release or after. I’m sure we’ll all be happy with just a .zip distribution. Personally i’m not bothered with any of the method that might end up being used, i was just voicing some part of the concensus (geth style!).
I don’t see an issue with a launcher that minimizes to the tray. The devs still get their launcher, the players get to avoid an eyesore.
As for the whole selecting characters thing…eh. I don’t see an issue with having “bookmarked” servers and characters placed at the top of lists, and expecting someone to put that much effort into avoiding four mouse clicks send absurd to me.