Crash on Launch

Whenever I launch the game it crashes after a minute with the following error:

DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED The GPU device instance has been suspended. Use GetDeviceRemovedReason to determine the appropriate action.

These errors are typical of a video card driver crash / failure. We mostly see them happening on older video cards / hardware with outdated drivers. I would recommend a driver upgrade first, and then verifying that your hardware is above the minimum client specifications.

I have the latest drivers for my video card and my device is by no means old and runs other games fine.

Allright, then it’s another issue. When you say “I launch the game”, when does it exactly happen ? Do you see the initial splash screen / loading ? Do you get the main menu with the game’s logo ? Or is it after you join a server in the server browser ?

I get the initial loading scree for a bit and looking at the logs the game throws DXGI_ERROR_INVALID_CALL then continues loading until it throws DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED where it crashes.

Was your video card overclocked by chance ?

Can you send us your log (.txt ) files from C:\Users\XXX\Documents\I-Novae Studios\Infinity Battlescape\Logs ?

What video card do you have exactly ?

People online seem to have this kind of problem with various games, even with top end hardware. Example threads ( follow their advice at your own risk ):

( read comments )