Except he also said that thrusters “are generally baked in on ships this small”.
This suggests that it’s not all that different from the in-game model
Except he also said that thrusters “are generally baked in on ships this small”.
This suggests that it’s not all that different from the in-game model
Yes they will, and the triangle budgets take that into account. Ships up to Corvette size will likely have thruster detailed baked in.
Correct, this model is pretty close to an in-game mesh.
The triangle budget for the Bomber is ~15,000-20,000 triangles. At the moment the current LP mesh is around 17k and it does not have landing gears yet.
Thanks for the info Gene. Looking forward to the KS 
I really like the style of concepts - they’re looking very solid and utilitarian. As spaceship should be. I’m not a big fan of the “space planes” a’la Star Citizen style - they’re looking too “aircraft’ish” for me.
Glad you like them! For SFC our intention has always been to go with a much more industrial, gritty art style rather than the more traditional sterile feel that SC seems to be favoring.
Got around to grabbing a couple editor shots of the WIP Hellion with some updated Environment maps and some thruster burn Illumination.
@Scarish. Totally agree.
@INovaeKeith. Good to know
Those pics look amazing Andre, I just about passed out…
Incredible shots! Can’t wait to see it in the KS demo. When i realize that Hellion on the first screenshot may easily dive and seamlessly land on this planet - i just…have strong feeling of the Universe without any boundaries.
UPD: What class Hellion is?
Corvette I believe.
Ah Inifinity, you keep reminding me why I love you so.
Good luck to all the team. Make that Kickstarter demo something that will cause the entire gaming world pay attention.
So much dev talk is nice to see, just missing IA for some reason.
Anyway great work, 2 months and counting for the KS, can’t wait 
Will there be a second faction ship? Or will it all be Green vs Purple?
Veeerrrry nice. A little niggle though. I can appreciate how it ties everything together, but that is a lot of bloom.
It’s a little distracting. Are we going to be able to turn that down at some point, once we get our hands on the game?
It’s as easy as turning the emissive scalar down in our node system. Might have gone overkill a bit.
Hows the particle system thing going? I’m excited to eventually see this with some stars.
Flavien is currently making progress on it. Looking forward to Stars and Sun soon as well.
Another question: Can you please share screenshots as PNG rather than JPEG images?
(or maybe it’s Discourses’ fault)
It isn’t Discourse, we’ll start posting in PNGs going forward.
I know very little about computer graphics and even less about lighting so I don’t know what emissive scalar means but turning it down sounds like reducing how much light something emits (and illuminates surrounding materials). Isn’t that completely different from camera bloom?
I’m looking at the cockpit in the 3rd image - it’s illuminating the empty space around it- there is nothing in space for it to illuminate. In my book that’s glow/camera bloom.
Personally I don’t want to be reminded that I’m on the other side of a camera/screen, I want to be immersed. I’d rather not have bloom or any other camera effects.
Please explain if I’ve misunderstood what the emmisive scalar is. Thanks.
Edit: Oops. Just seen the other thread. Please reply there if you feel that’s appropriate.