Think back to the days of Battlefield 2/4 when there were 32 players a side and many obectives around the map at the same time. Then you got an order from up on high, someone watching from another game screen who could see the overal match and direct forces to areas. (they dont play directly ingame)
- Can give someone the chance to direct the outcome of a major battle or overall session
- Certain obejectives and battles could have benefits, like extra $$ or a bonus reward for winning
- Bounties and high value targets could be manually set
- You dont have to follow the order, but if you do, the battles get more fierces and fun.
- Maybe this mode is copyrighted somehow?
- It might not be what the developers were thinking of nor want to implement.
- Players might get annoyed with order spam
I personally loved that mode and would spend most of gaming hours playing just as the commander for hours at a time, it was like an RTS game for me.
I think could add a lot of fun to session based combat like this game and would love to see it. I hope you can add to it, or if its not for you, sure, I see that As the game grows, i for sure hope something like this would come into play asn I see it as part of the immersion and overall fun.