I must say, @Kichae, your wealth of knowledge in all things physics is impressive! Kudos to you. 
I kind of wish the devs were working on the game instead, and the video was just a video of the game.
Video kickstarter assets will form a base of what we can use in the game, so itā s not all going to waste.
Thatās kind of the purpose of the KS, to get funding to make the gameā¦
yeaahhh. You would think anyway but I remember hearing we got something to play right after a successful kickstarter. I give up! Just email me when the time comes to buy a game.
I think one of the possible KS rewards being considered was an engine demo, which I interpreted to be a flying camera sans any kind of gameplay.
Key words there being possible and considered.
I donāt recall anyone saying there would be anything released featuring any kind of gameplay.
Thatās not exactly unusual either.
Pretty much every Kickstarter I backed didnāt let me play the game (or even a prototype of it) straight away. Most of those projects have been fairly early in development when they asked for funding
We do plan to create a playable demo before the KS (similar to the 2010 demo where one would actually fly a ship), but it will be for developer use only, initially.
Big problem with KS videos and other materials is that shiny video is more valuable then some tech demo which shows features understandable only for people who are excited about atmospheric scattering, ets.
for example 2010 video is more shiny that 2014 ring video
Hey now, we have feelings too, you know!
Yes, feelings of excitement and understanding about a tech demo.
About atmospheric scattering! I mean, maybe there are people lingering around here that were crazy enough to give up their jobs and uproot their families to study that kind of thing.
You know, just to be purely hypothetical about these kinds of thingsā¦

Thatās one of the great things about the engine - it has both science and shiny stuff. Hopefully the KS video will show off both!
Thereās a new Christmas bog post here! It appears that buildings have been added to the game engine!
Three new blog posts have been added: Musing of an Independent Game Developer, Life of a programmer: particle systems, and Elite Dangerous and other space games. It seems that I-Novae is starting to ramp up new content unveiled in preparation of the Kickstarter.